Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
IT Security Lead – SA Enterprise Systems
Want to join a high performing team and drive IT Security within SA Enterprise Systems, close to our Global Product Management Teams within Group IT?
Ericsson Group IT have decided to turn into federated ways of working with regards to IT security for our global products portfolios. This means putting the IT security responsibility closer to the respective Solution Areas (SA) that are accountable for our global product portfolios.
We are entrusted to set-up a next-generation DevSecOps aligned, global IT Security Solutions unit to support SA Enterprise Systems (refer below for more about SA Enterprise Systems). We are looking for an IT Security Leader for the SA Enterprise Systems, to drive the establishment of this unit and work across our different sub-units.
This is a senior global manager role, who will have the freedom and accountability to create the framework and establish improved ways of working with regards to both (a) IT Security Solutions for our SA level Global Products (+170 IT products/ applications), as well as, (b) Governance towards Group IT Security and Group Information Security. In this role, you will also work to improve market and employee trust in Ericsson’s security brand by recognizing emerging trends, risk, business needs and transforming into Security Strategy and Solutions. You will be responsible to drive and lead security solutions strategy and execution for the SA. You are expected to provide thought-leadership and vision to SA Enterprise Systems as well as to central IT / Information Security organizations. You are expected to challenge how things are done in order to create trust, business value and get results. You are also expected to provide leadership and demonstrate courage in stressful situations such as security crisis or audit investigations.
- Conceptualize and drive building competence, framework, process and methodology for IT Security Solutions and Support for IT Portfolio Applications within SA Enterprise Systems
- Define IT Security strategy for SA Enterprise Systems to evangelize DevSecOps, Cyber Security, Cloud Security, AI in Security
- Execute defined IT Security strategy to realize impact and bring-in changes
- Drive one and right IT Security culture within SA Enterprise Systems
- Play a lead role to develop security organization that supports DevSecOps
- Develop an IT Security competency roadmap, aligned with Group IT Security
- Drive effective security governance, risks
- Manage IT Security Audit for Solution Area
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or Masters in a related field
- Work experience: 12+ years of total work experience within IT with 5+ years of demonstratable similar work experience in IT Security area, with specific to Application Security
- Hands-on experience of many years within IT Security, Information Security, Application Security, Data Privacy, IT Application Development, Application Maintenance
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001, Privacy, Security Management Systems, Risk Management, Information / Personnel. Physical security, Business Continuity and Crisis Management
- Work experience in SAP ERP Security and API (application programming interface) development Security requirements (e.g. Authentication vs. Authorization, API Keys. OAuth 2.0, SAML, etc.)
- Information Security Management Systems Knowledge
- Data Privacy and GDPR systems knowledge
- Business understanding from IT perspective, and understanding of IT Security linkage in Application development lifecycle (Concept to Retire)
- Change and Improvement Management Skills
- Risk Management Skills
- Team leadership and People Management experience
Who are we? | About SA Enterprise Systems
At Solution Area Enterprise Systems within Ericsson’s Group IT, we run IT like a business which means focusing on the value we deliver; on top of costs we generate. We make the step from consuming technology to actively identify, analyze, and deliver new technology – but only that which creates value for our customers.
On top and beyond a very strong leadership and culture framework that Ericsson possesses, there are 6 themes which further define and differentiate us as a team: growth mindset (we believe in human potential beyond current performance), wild cards (we respect and nurture unconventional ideas), change tribes (we move from “I’m great” to “we’re great” and are excited to work with others for the benefit of the entire company), bridging the digital divide (we believe in that the digital divide must not be feared but actively managed) disagree & commit (disagree while a decision is being made, but once a decision has been made, everybody must commit to it) and collective leadership (a group of people working together towards a shared goal)
We also live by the motto CUSTOMER FIRST, ERICSSON ALWAYS. We are accountable for IT for management and transformation of end-to-end business process in the flow dimension covering Sales, Marketing, Supply, Sourcing Finance, HR, Resource Management, R&D etc. to deliver Digital Ericsson.
Hiring Manager: Rajib Saha
Location: Bangalore. India or Stockholm, Sweden
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Req ID: 304132