Ericsson Research develops new communication solutions and standards. The organization has responsibility to provide Ericsson with world-class system concepts, technology innovations, and methodologies. The rapidly increasing demands for mobile broadband access in combination with needs for new technology and solutions for the digitalization of industries and societies creates challenging and exciting opportunities for our organization. Building on our experience from real network operations, profound knowledge about existing standards, and forward-looking research, we invent and master advanced concepts and solutions that shape today’s and tomorrow’s mobile radio communication.
In our unit at Ericsson Research, Network Architecture and Protocols, we have the mission to develop and drive best-in-class procedures, protocols and architecture solutions for current and future wireless access networks and mobile systems.
We are looking for a highly motivated student for a master thesis research study.
In the future, agricultural, forestry, and environmental sensors and actuators are expected to play a big role for enabling an efficient and sustainable world. Using a network for access and backhaul consisting of multiple components such as satellites, high altitude platforms, and aerial and tower base stations, it is possible to reach very far into sparsely populated areas at lower deployment cost. In this thesis project, the objective is to evaluate the technology potential of a heterogenous network for global Machine Type Communication (MTC) services with different requirements and using different technologies depending on them, with focus on capacity of number of devices for different service types as function of network composition. Evaluations are expected to be done in a Matlab or Java-based simulation tool. A use case analysis for the relevant scenarios should also be done as preparation for an upcoming EU-project.
You, as the successful candidate for the role
- will be working in an international team of world-class researchers with different backgrounds and experiences and including some of the key authorities and thought leaders world-wide on mobile communication,
- will have the opportunity to gain expertise in wireless systems making you an attractive candidate also for other parts of the company, including possibilities for an international career,
- will work with highly skilled and creative colleagues,
- will work in a dynamic and cross-functional department where there will be opportunities for continuous learning and growth, trying out new roles and responsibilities, impacting ways of working, and much more.
Student with at least 3 years studies in Wireless Communications, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Computer Science, or similar technical field.
- Strong analytical skills, eagerness to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong interest in digital and wireless communications and of cellular systems design, in-depth understanding is a plus.
- Good programming skills (java or Matlab) and experience in running computer simulations.
- Rich in initiative, creative, and with strong personal drive and commitment.
- Excited to work in an environment where you cooperate closely in a diverse team, together striving to fulfil common targets.
- Good in communication and finding it easy to express and demonstrate your findings and knowledge to others, orally as well as in writing.
Are you in?
Then send in your application (CV, current grades and cover letter written in English collated into one document) as soon as possible
Ericsson AB Kista, Stockholm
Last Day to Apply:
25th of November
Christian Sperling, Christian.Sperling@Ericsson.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 304124