Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
Software Engineer has a strong role in three of the main components of DevOps team: 3’rd Level Support, Deployment and Development functions but not limited to. There are other functions also delivered from the team like Capacity & Performance, Solution Architect, all in BSS Applications landscape of “Device Connectivity Platform”.
You will also:
• Responsible for3rd Level Application Support
• Responsible fo3rd Level Support for Owned Applications
• Incident Resolution
• Workaround Analysis and Proposal
• Root Cause Analysis
• Develop Application Changes
• Responsible for the development (coding) of the new or enhanced applications based on the
• Requirement specifications
• Deployment Execution
• Ensure Release Package Integrity
• Efficiency improvement management
• Continuously drive for efficiency, improvements and automation and excellence in service delivery
• Consultancy and expertise provided to other operational groups
• Interaction and exchange of information between functions; System Integration, Research, and Development, Operational teams, Capacity and Performance to name a few
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Knowledge of Java programming languages and POO concepts.
• Expertise in Web Servers, Application Servers and Middleware applications such as Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Switchyard, Oracle WEB Logic, JSON, Rest, Web Services, Soap, LDAP
• Previous experience in an IT environment in a relevant field such as application administration and development.
• Experience designing and/or testing of software applications
• Knowledge in software deployment, management and configuration tools (Ansible, Kubernetes & Docker containers, Openshift) is a plus
• Experience with scripting languages: Ksh, Bash, Perl
• Experience with Databases: Oracle, SQL, MySql
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.