About Red Bee Media
Every day, people on all continents watch television programmes prepared, managed and broadcast by Red Bee Media staff. Every year, the business delivers more than 2.7 million hours of programming in more than 60 languages for nearly 600 TV channels.
As a Playout Director, you will perform a key role within Red Bee Media Playout operations and will be responsible for the accurate and effective running of channels for the some of UK’s major broadcasters. You’ll be at the heart of managing any issues smoothly to ensure live news, sport and thematic content reaches the viewer seamlessly.
- You will ensure that all schedules are ready for Playout and that they conform with OFCOM and client guidelines, continually carrying out detailed checks to ensure that the media/material is correct
- By monitoring channels and streams, you will carry out spot-checks to ensure that the outputs are accurate and that planned schedules are being delivered as intended
- You will operate computerised single and multi-channel Playout equipment according to agreed procedures and in emergencies or where necessary, deploy Disaster Recovery plans and standby material, making changes if needed at the last minute
- You must have a good awareness of current affairs and how this might affect media/material, schedules and against OFCOM or other editorial guidelines and to suggest changes as per client guidelines
- You will liaise with Red Bee Managers and clients, ensuring late changes or alterations are timely and effective. This could be both in and out of office hours for late commercial, promotion, interstitial and programme schedule changes
- You will always be up to speed with client agreements ensuring that Red Bee Media is exceeding expectations and where necessary, suggest improvements which can be made to services
To be suitable for this role you must have a substantial amount of experience within a similar broadcasting environment. Your previous environment(s) will also have been technically driven and where service provision is critical.
You will have also been exposed to and ideally worked in a similar pressurised environment having the ability to remain calm and collected.
You will have excellent knowledge of television transmission systems and the equipment required. You should have a good understanding and awareness of relevant regulatory guidelines (eg. OFCOM).
Core competencies for this position include; decision making, teamwork, communication, creative thinking and organisation.