Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson has been at the forefront of communications technology for more than 140 years in the rapidly changing environment of telecommunications. We are the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As a Packet Core resource, we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
As a Packet Core Specialist, you are responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support that the one offered by the 2nd Level Operations. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
- Provide 2nd Level support for the Packet Core Operations Data Network and serve as the Operations Subject Matter Expert in Packet Core that includes GSM, GPRS, WCDMA, LTE technologies. Nodes include vEPC (Evolved Packet Core) i. e. MME/EPG on Virtual Platform
- Multi-Vendor Platform i.e. Cisco/Huawei/Ericsson/Nokia/ZTE not mandatory but preferred.
- Provide input and suggestions to improving all operational aspects, related to the Packet Core Services and Network infrastructure which could add value into increasing the quality of the Packet Core Services - end to end.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant), make recommendations, and execute them as required.
- Assisting in correcting capacity and performance related issues for all Packet Core Traffic.
- Work with the Cross-Domain team to ensure the integration of the Packet Core Technologies within the Operations processes.
- Will organize and produce weekly and monthly reporting and perform trend analysis to assist in the support of Packet Core Services
- Interface with internal groups such as Technical Operations and SOC as required.
- Interface with external groups such as Vendor Technical Support as required.
- Provides input to and is a primary contributor to post mortem activities (RCA) related to network outages.
- Interact with the other Service areas (IP and Backbone) for continuous maintenance and monitoring of the Packet Core Infrastructure as necessary.
- 2nd Level Assurance Support Activities & Incident Management
Problem Management and System Administration
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Training and awareness of relevant OHS statutory requirements impacting Ericsson in the local market
- Technical and operative coordination of resources or project management and services management with medium complexity
- Support commercial roles in estimating time / cost for the customer offering
- Proven ability to manage costs and Efficiently knowledge of the IT market benchmark resource profile
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 7 years of relevant work experience.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.