Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
We are now looking for a Second Level Operations Specialist that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
You will also:
• Ensure 2nd Level Assurance Support Activities
• Ensure 2nd Level Incident Management
• Ensure 2nd Level System Administration activities
• Provide preventive maintenance and performance management
• Provide input, implement and verify improvements in processes
• Verify and implement configuration changes
• On regular base covering the 7x24 Call-out responsibility
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• University degree in Telecommunications, Engineering or possess equivalent experience in a related field
• ISEB/ISTQB software testing qualifications would be an advantage
• Proven operating experience on one or more equipment’s: Huawei RTN microwave, Huawei DWDM , Alcatel SDH, ALU MPR, DSLAM ( remote configuration, support, troubleshooting)
• General knowledge of one or more of: microwave(P-P,PMP), SDH/DWDM/DSL/ATM/FR/IP/ETH architectures & network topologies & standards
• General knowledge of transmission physical mediums: optical fiber, coax, twisted pair, air
• General knowledge of data networking technologies is a plus
• General knowledge of Core or RAN protocols & technologies is a plus
• General knowledge of UNIX or LINUX operating systems is a plus
• Knowledge of operation and troubleshooting for Alcatel and Huawei equipment
• Excellent communication skills in English;
• Good communication skills in Spanish;
• Ability to work under stressful situations, meet tight deadlines and deliver services with high quality Scripting skills
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours;
• Medical & life insurance;
• Gym subscription;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile enabled);
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• In case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting colleagues are looking forward to present them to you, once applied
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Tag: melahj, hj
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.