Current scenario: "Connecting everything" is an appropriate slogan for 5G technology ,as the 5G network evolution aims for increased network flexibility, allowing for widely different use cases and therefore a wider range of devices. As part of this, 5G opens up a set of new frequencies in the higher spectrum, i.e. high band 5G. In high band, available frequency spectrum is in the GHz range i.e. millimeter wave. As frequency is very high, millimeter waves cannot travel very long distances which limits cell coverage. To overcome this limitation, beamforming is a key technology to increase capacity and coverage of a 5G cell.
An analogue beamforming router to cascade received data in a specific direction guided by eNodeB. The beamformer will not have to decode the whole signal. This makes the beamformer cheap and less complex.
The objective of this thesis is:
1. To calculate the angle of arrival of a fixed signal (for ex: SRS) from UE.
2. Develop an algorithm to be used at eNodeB for calculating the angle used when guiding the beamformer.
3. Send the angle of beamforming to the fixed beamformer
4. Simulate and validate an analog beamforming device whose main role is to beamform user data in a certain direction based on information from eNodeB.
Suppose we have more than 1 fixed beamformer in a cell. Develop an algorithm to select the most suitable beamformer depending on the UE position and guide the selected beamformer to beamform user data according to part 1.
- We are searching for one or two students that is close to finishing a degree in Wireless communication, Telecom Engineering or a similar program
- Knowledge in LTE and wireless communication
- Good skills in Matlab and knowledge of C/C++ and python is an advantage
- As person you are fluent in English, have good analytical capability and good social skills
Extent: 2 student
Work location: Lund
Preferred Starting Date: Q1 2020
Last Day to Apply: 24th of November
Contact: Agnes Westerberg, email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Lund || Stud&YP
Req ID: 303682