Supply Quality Inspector
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Our exciting opportunity:
The Supply Chain Management team is looking for a Supply Quality Inspector (SQI) to work in operations. The SQI is responsible for the inspection plan and strategy identification and execution in SAP-QM. Under the guidance of the Supply Quality Engineer (SQE) team the SQI will perform material transactions, detailed measurements, initiate supplier quality claims, and record inspection results in SAP-QM. The SQI will ensure that all inbound material conforms to all regulatory and quality specifications. The SQI will monitor production material, test bulk components, performs root cause analysis, and complete other duties as required.
- Review regulatory program and ensures quality requirements are adhered to and met
- Participate with stakeholders to develop potential preventive or corrective actions
- Use statistical methods and quality tools to continuously improve process capability
- Conduct incoming raw material and returning material audits to determine compliance with quality management system standards and customer requirements
- Analyze data to provide material review dispositions for nonconforming materials and parts
- Provide Quality support and guidance to warehouse operations
- Have sufficient familiarity with warehouse operations to work with multi-function teams and conduct thorough inspections of each work station in the warehouse
- Ensure operators have the necessary training/competence to perform the tasks they are working
- Verify operators understand their process and can locate, explain and demonstrate use of applicable documentation
- Conduct 6S inspections and audits focusing on high risk or problematic areas
- Follow the incoming inspection process to inspect all purchased material
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and conformance verification techniques
- The ability to work independently
- Fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, and standards
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)
- Knowledge of SAP, Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Experience in logistics and production including supply and global logistics
- High school diploma or GED required
- Forklift certification a plus
What’s in it for you:
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism, and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Supply&Log
Job details: Warehouse Operations Job Stage 4