The Packet Core Solution Manager will lead transformative solution development and evolution to 5G Core and Cloud Technologies, working with Telco Operators, Service Providers and Enterprise Segments. This includes solution creation and development for Ericsson’s market leading solutions in 5G Core, LTE, Enterprise, IoT, Policy Charging Control. The Solution Manager will work across teams of solution architects, software developers, Business Unit, and Customer Units to secure profitable solutions.
- Ability to Perform complex research and analysis of market, technology, standards, customer requirements and competitor trends for the development of Telecom Core Network solutions
- Ability to Prepare market requirement specifications for new and/or enhanced products. Interface with Ericsson product management groups for Ericsson Cloud Core and 5G Core to secure development of solutions that meet the customers' needs in a timely manner.
- The ability to take Responsibility for customer proposals including statement of compliance, product dimensioning, services scoping and technical proposal documentation. Interface with the Services Delivery & Operations organization to ensure that Engineering, Network Deployment, and Integration services are developed and delivered.
- Ability to Organize and lead technical discussions with customers with focus on technology Evolution to 5G Core and network infrastructure capabilities, i.e. technology benefits, use cases, network characteristics, services and features, dimensioning and capacity analysis based on end-user behavior and applications.
- Excellent understanding of the base technology of 2G/3G/4G Core network products, related standards and technology evolution (i.e., 3GPP, 3GPP2, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of LTE, 5G Core, UDM, and NFV/Cloud Native technologies. Knowledge of Public Cloud.
- Ability to independently dimension, engineer, and architect complex core solutions for Packet Core Gateways, and related User Plane and Control Plane elements.
- Ability to demonstrate business development skills, creative mindset with the ability to effectively present business driven solutions to customers at all levels, demonstrating the value of the proposed solution.
- Excellent social and communication skills for working directly with external customers. Must have demonstrated experience with customer relationship building at various organizational levels, from new hires to CxO.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
You might also have:
- A strong understanding of end-user applications and their impact on the overall network performance.
- Experience defining New Business Models
- Knowledge with devices and radio networks
- 10+ years of experience in technology leadership
- BS degree from an accredited university
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science Engineering. Masters preferred. 10+ years related experience in the telecom field with extensive knowledge of wireless telecommunications marketplace.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng