- About us
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries and society.
- Position purpose
During recent years, Ericsson has been very successful in winning key deals within the IT domain, including some of the largest digital transformation projects globally that are allowing service providers to upgrade and renew their business and operations systems. As we continue to digitalize our customers through new cloud and automation projects, the Contract Manager position is critical to ensuring we obtain the right terms for these deals by leading negotiations with our customers and securing profitability through robust contract scoping. With a high level of internal and external exposure, these positions are challenging and rewarding and will also open future opportunities for career progression across our global organization. Depending on your interests and preferences, you can shape your career within Ericsson!
- Your team
You will be part of a diverse and international team of Contract Managers located across Europe, Northern Africa and Latin America, reporting directly to the regional Contract Management Hub Head. As part of this team, you will also benefit from access to the broad knowledge and ICT contract management expertise of your colleagues.
- Main accountabilities – You + Ericsson
Based in São Paulo, Brazil and predominantly focused on the wide scope of pre-and post-sales Contract Management activities with the varied Ericsson customers located in LATAM south region, the main responsibilities for this role include the following:
- You will build strong relationships internally across our functions and externally with customers
- You will engage early with the account team to provide commercial advice on the structuring of deals and negotiation tactics
- You will be responsible for establishing contract documents for inclusion within commercial offers, ensuring alignment with Ericsson policies and mitigation of all identified risks
- You will impact the success of our customer contracts through leading complex negotiations on agreements across all areas of Ericsson’s Digital Services business, including Telecom Core, IT & Cloud, ADM as well as MS IT, ensuring compliance to company policies and directives
- You will provide guidance and assistance on interpretation of contractual clauses and obligations as required by the business with reference to Group Legal when necessary
- You will ensure strict contractual scope bounding is established to protect against any profit leakage through scope creep, e.g. via agreed change control
- You will provide internal guidance on mitigation claims and resolve any escalations via commercial governance
- You will maintain knowledge of operational issues which could result in commercial disputes
- You will advise operational teams on commercial risk mitigation strategies
- You will negotiate and resolve commercial disputes and settlements relating to the contracted scope
- You will secure profitability of existing agreements during contract execution phase by professional claim and risk-management
- You will provide certain Post-Sales support activities as required within the local country/area
- You will share with your Contract Management team colleagues your experiences and your lessons learned
- Technical & soft skills
- University degree in Business/Economics/Law (or similar/equivalent)
- At least 5 years of experience in Telecom or IT industries in commercial/contract management or legal environment
- Experienced and confident dealing with the Customer and internal stakeholders at all levels up to senior management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong relationship development skills at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of contract terms and conditions: their meaning, associated risks & costs, etc.
- Proven track-record of commercial management and business case development
- Technical understanding and experience in the Digital Business Systems portfolio
- Good appreciation of operational and financial issues
- Creative, innovative mindset to spot opportunities and synergies
- Tenacious, determined and self-managing
- Good general PC knowledge (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluent in written and spoken Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- What we offer
- You will be valued for your competences and will live daily our core values: Professionalism, Respect and Perseverance
- You will be able to realize yourself in a major multinational company and benefit from a wide range of learning and development package through Ericsson Learning Academy
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work-life balance
- At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Please note: all applications and CVs must be submitted in English language. Unfortunately, any submissions in other languages will not be considered.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Brazil (BR) || || São Paulo || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 303573