Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
An Incident manager within Operations Support group of GSC India manages the process within MSTOP to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations & is responsible for planning and coordinating all the activities required to perform, monitor, and report on the process.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead and facilitate the engaged team toward restoration of service in shortest possible lead times.
• Engage relevant stakeholders & escalate when necessary to expedite resolution.
• Ensure RT adopts optimal mindset which balances best path to resolution and protection of customer interests.
• Initiate management and technical escalations when required to protect Ericsson and/or customer interests.
• Log all Incident details, allocating approved categorization and prioritization.
• Keep users informed about their Incidents’ status at agreed intervals.
• Associate Incidents with other records (i.e. Changes, Problems, repetitive incidents).
• Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all Incidents via major incident report.
• Ensure recovery team remains sensitive to collection and correlation of data for potential RCA post event.
• Escalate critical outages to Problem Manager after restoration for RCA (As defined in MSTOP).
• Remain available at all times during the designated shift and/or roster period.
• End to end incident owner.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.