Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Our unit develops various systems and software for supporting services delivered by Ericsson to its customers. The tools cover a wide scope such as remote access, network planning and network performance monitoring.
Working as an IT Network and Application Operations engineer you will operate a global IT infrastructure including network, server and application and support its users. Due to wide range of components used, you will have the opportunity to use your broad IT knowledge day-by-day. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role often requires you to take on driving the restoration of the service therefore it is important that you can work independently and in an agile manner.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Daily operation of a global IT infrastructure (network, server, application)
- Provide user support to Ericsson engineers: handling support tickets
- Be part of 24/7 on-call emergency support
- Analyzing system faults defining and executing corrective actions
- Submitting trouble reports and assisting developers in trouble shooting
- Participation in maintenance activities like upgrade, configuration administration of servers and firewall
Apply if you have:
- BSc degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or relevant experience in these areas
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Precision, persistence, reliability, stress tolerance
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Openness to learn new technologies
- Sound IP knowledge and hands-on experience with configuration of network elements (firewalls, routers etc.)
- Experience with Juniper firewall or router products
- Linux/Unix administration experience
- VMware ESXi knowledge
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile and laptop
- Local medical service
Location: 1097 Budapest, Könyves Kálmán krt. 11.
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical test based on your experience and preference to work in. The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || IT
Req ID: 303413