Our Exciting Opportunity:
The Product Support Specialist will be based in Ottawa, Ontario, and will ensure the successful operation and maintenance of the CENX Product set deployed within a major Tier 1 customer. Our products are built on a JAVA platform with technologies like JBOSS, Cassandra, Spark, PostgreSQL, Datomic and Kafka.
The platform inter-operates with many different product sets across a wide range of solutions from Ordering Systems through Network Elements, and Network Performance/Fault Monitoring Systems. This continually evolving technology ecosystem is moving and evolving quickly coupled with the creation of new markets based on Service Orchestration. Highly adaptable candidates who can keep ahead of these changes are required.
The Senior Product Support Specialist will focus on managing and maintaining our customers systems. This role involves troubleshooting customer deployments, ensuring high-availability of our applications and investigation of the root-cause of failures. You will also work closely with our development team, QA team and Sales organizations to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with the services and software CENX delivers.
In this Role you would:
- Support and manage hardware, software and network components
- Respond to and develop solutions for complex technical problems to deliver a stable customer product environment
- Manage and document all troubleshooting and required resolutions in a problem reporting tool that is shared with our customers.
- Attend to customer requests and ensure timely delivery of service within established SLA’s where priority is driven by defined severity levels.
- As a Customer Advocate, represent customer interests internally and own the customer experience to ensure the best possible experience with our product.
- Dispatch third party vendors as needed, escalate and work with the vendors until issues are resolved
- Prepare well-defined or reproducible problem descriptions/test-cases to engage our development team or product management team.
- Prepare for and attend customer service reviews.
- Summarize and Prepare timely reports on Major and Critical incidents.
- Own and deliver structured root-cause analysis of significant issues.
- Share knowledge, mentor peers and prepare guides and knowledge base articles for our customers.
- Prepare for and deliver technical training to our customers.
- Rotating on-call schedule.
- Periodic onsite to Customer Facilities for New Product Introduction. This will include turnup of a new system and onboarding the operational customer team to the product turnup onsite. Requires deployment and knowledge transfer skills.
You should have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting distributed Java based applications for telecommunications or large enterprise customers.
- Effective problem solving and advanced troubleshooting skills with the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Thorough understanding of software applications and the inter-dependencies of hardware and software configuration when investigating issues
- Demonstrated experience working with application server environments and API’s (ex. Tomcat, JBOSS, Websphere & Weblogic)
- Shell scripting knowledge; (ex. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Strong practical experience supporting and tuning distributed applications on RedHat Enterprise Linux in a virtualized environment or in a cloud.
- Experience supporting, performance tuning and maintaining Databases; (PostgreSQL, MySQL, bonus points for experience with Cassandra and HDFS)
- Knowledgeable about monitoring and metrics for performance, not just uptime
- Excellent written communications and an ability to distil the essential facts to summarize complex and difficult problems.
- Familiarity with security concepts and the handling of protected customer data.
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging everyday. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 303259