Product Repair and Fault-Finding Technician
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Our exciting opportunity:
Are you an open-minded, detail-oriented person with a passion for electronics, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis willing to acquire new knowledge about advanced 5G products, and dive into problem-solving? As a part of establishing a new Smart Factory, we are now recruiting for Product Repair and Fault-Finding Technicians. We are on a journey towards building the future of wireless connectivity, and we want you on our team!
- Help to fix and repair 5G products
- Document errors and work out solutions in cooperation with the engineering team
- Conduct repair buffer analysis, claims analysis, and some troubleshooting
- Unify electronic repair methods and outcomes between different production shifts
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Experience with electronic products, fault-finding, and removing functional errors
- Understanding of electronic debug methods such as JTAG and boundary scanning, isolation, etc.
- Knowledge of BGA’s (any level) and can explain the process of replacing a BGA chip on a high level
- Ability to read electronic drawings and/or take directions from engineers or electronic technicians on parts to be reworked
- Work with schematic diagrams where necessary
- Ability to solve problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Readiness to learn new technologies and processes
- 2-3 years’ work experience in the electronic field, digital electronics preferred
- Vocational, Trade, or University education in electronics
- Excellent computer skills
- High level of communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with management and colleagues
- Ability to work overtime and/or flexible shift hours when required
What’s in it for you:
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Lewisville || Supply&Log