Market Intelligence Manager – North America (MANA)
Location: Plano, Texas
Ericsson, a leader in wireless telecom infrastructure, is leading the charge in the industry’s transformation to 5G. Ericsson’s Market Area North America (MANA) comprises the United States and Canada and generates approximately 30% of Ericsson’s revenue. MANA is a critical driver of current and future performance for the global enterprise.
We are expanding our Market Intelligence efforts to continuously develop deeper insights on customers, competitors, industry and ecosystem, in order to guide our strategic decisions and inform our customer interactions.
As a Market Intelligence Manager you will proactively identify how industry, customer and competitor dynamics and external trends impact our business and how we execute our strategic business plan. You will have the opportunity to support all facets of our North American operations from executive leadership to customer units to product/services units. This role is uniquely positioned to transform the way that Ericsson does business by helping to solve problems and drive profitable growth.
This is an exciting time to join Ericsson MANA as we work with our operator customers in advancing the frontiers of communications through the adoption of 5G technologies and the transformative use cases enabled by it.
- Conduct competitive intelligence covering public and private established competitors and new entrants across product and solution categories
- Collaborate with regional and global teams across Ericsson to garner, structure and analyze competitive and market information and deliver the resulting intelligence analysis to all relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to the competitive intelligence and other sections of our quarterly Situation Analysis and Market Requirement documents
- Monitor and flag key industry events; analyze implications for Ericsson and disseminate to executive team
- Review latest industry reports and identify compelling insights and data
- Build models of key competitive/business metrics, e.g., market sizing across lines of business, CapEx development, market share
- Develop and use variety of information sources, e.g., 3rd party research, primary research, corporate assets (Business Areas and Group BI), etc.
- Devise innovative ways to retrieve competitive intelligence
- Contribute to strategy development
- Develop authority as “industry expert”, supporting executives on-demand
- 3+ years of Market Intelligence experience gained at a strategy/management consulting firm, investment bank, or corporate telecom/tech market intelligence or strategy team
- Proven structured, analytical problem-solving capability
- Experience using wide range of information sources
- Proven ability to build structured quantitative models
- Strong executive communication/storytelling skills (written/oral)
- Solid technical background (BSc or equivalent) and MBA from a top university
- Telecom experience preferred, but not required
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt