Graduate Contract Manager
We give you the knowledge to learn, challenging tasks to grow yourself, and the opportunity to work on projects that change the future of technology in telecommunication.
You’ll only get to start your career once. Let’s make it a good one.
Who We Are
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications-equipment and -services to mobile- and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. We are on the road to 5G and will create the networked society and the internet of things (IOT), will you join us?
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination…
We are looking for You as Contract Manager for an internship of 12 months. This will be a paid internship with expected start date during Q1 2020.
This is a unique opportunity for a graduate-to-be or newly graduate to get real-life business experience:
- Be a part of an international company powered by technology and customer interaction
- Work in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Get industry related training, development and mentorship from our team
- Understand the essence of deals from ongoing prospects and projects with the top telecom operators in Europe and Latin America
- Become a better negotiator
- Exposure to the most recent trends of global technology such as 4G and 5G mobile networks, IoT, Cloud, Automation, ...
You will support the Contract Management function, which consists of a diverse and international team of Contract Managers with different backgrounds and located across Europe and Latin America. You will be a fully integrated team player. As part of this team, you will benefit from access to the broad knowledge and ICT contract management expertise of your colleagues. You will also work closely with other functions like Commercial Management, Legal, Sales, Finance, Delivery.
You + Ericsson a powerful combination
Your daily tasks supporting the Contract Management organization would include but are not limited to the evaluation of contractual risk, preparing for customer negotiations, supporting the finalization of contract documentation, support to Contract Management internal projects, including surveys and knowledge sharing initiatives and much more.
The main responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Reviewing contractual documents
- Reviewing customer requirements and statements of compliance
- Support the drafting, negotiation and finalization of the contract
- Support Contract Sign off and Handover
- Support the development, planning and execution of contract governance
- Work with 3rd party Sourcing to ensure the alignment of the solution and commercial & contractual terms
- Support the development of model contracts and agreements for new technology
- Help develop guidance notes and work instructions
- Help plan and drive internal surveys and knowledge sharing sessions
- Support the development of internal tools and guidelines
Technical & soft skills
- University student or recently graduated with University degree in Business/Economics/Law (or similar/equivalent)
- Preferably some Telecommunications or IT knowledge
- Contract and business law awareness
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good general PC knowledge (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and virtual teams
- High degree of personal integrity, ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential information
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must
- Fluency in any other European language will be positively evaluated
- Able to work full time
Location for this internship, will be Reading (UK). Only candidates either resident or with a work permit will be considered.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT
Req ID: 302977