Key Facts and Figures
- Reports directly to the Manager IT Infrastructure and Video within the GSC.
- First line support is provided by the GSC on a 24x7 pan-European basis to all LG Countries and organizations.
- Manage the Incident resolution for IT Infrastructure and Video Services on a Pan-European basis
- Provide issue correlation and triaging across the IT and Network technical domains
- Documentation accountability.
- The position will liaise closely with corporate business units and countries
- Decision making is based on the clearly defined, incident, change and problem management process’s
No Direct Reports & no profit/loss responsibility
- Monitoring of IT Infrastructure and Video Services.
- Follow internal incident-, change- and release management processes in USMS.
- Monitor USMS queues. Attempt first fix and ad-hoc workaround incident resolution activities, including but not limited to Stop/Start applications on alert.
- Investigate troubleshoot and fix problems on relevant systems
- Investigate incidents where technical domain relevancy and ownership is unclear, localize issue and either fix or assign to relevant technical domain owner for fix
Coordinate with vendor partners in the resolution of tickets providing traces, logs
- documentation, and service correlation
- Creation of incidents on alert, and logging of incidents. Create and distribute tasks to relevant support entities (USMS)
- Creating Problem tickets based on recurring incidents and add information as required, ensuring relevant associations between Problem and Issue are logged.
- Ownership of incidents until fix, with follow up duties, and taking responsibility for end to end resolution of incidents, coordinating the fix with second and third line teams.
- Provide expertise in analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with other Corporate teams as needed
- Assist LG Countries and coordinate trouble-shooting.
- Adhere to Service and Operational Level Agreements. Working towards targets set by Performance Management and Liberty Global KPIs relevant to Service Assurance, Support and Availability.
- Perform Change Management and Problem Management tasks relevant to the Central Service Desk including monitoring coordination for patches, and implementation approval of Changes.
- Triage of incoming incidents with unclear domain ownership
- Creating scripts for log rotating, starting failed processes
- Provide expertise in analysis of major incident root cause related to IT and follow up with Vendor partners and second and third line in CNO and CIO support.
- Provide logs, traces and supporting analysis to enable rigorous follow-up and root cause analysis
Service Accountability, Documentation and Communication
- Entry point for support for local Country IT and Network teams and business lines.
- Create and deliver support documentation for assigned services, including specific procedures, recurring incidents, triage and troubleshooting guidelines. In Wiki, SharePoint and other relevant formats.
- Templated baselines on related services, on-going validation of this documentation ensuring relevance and accuracy. Decommission documentation when needed.
- Monitor feasibility of SLAs and OLAs of assigned applications and advise on improvements.
Monitor and report to corporate teams on performance and capacity of assigned IT
- Infrastructure and Video Services.
- Act as an intermediary between country, CIO and CNO, validating and reporting on the performance of Incident Management and Service Availability for assigned services.
- Suggestions on long term improvements to availability of services. Liaise with developers, engineers and the business in order to identify operational issues.
Provide input to the NMS department and monitoring teams to set the requirements for alarm management. Identify and validate the priority of alarms.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- MBO technical engineering degree or higher, preferably specialized in IT applications and infrastructure design, development and/or support.
- Professional and intellectual capacities at the Bachelor or higher professional education level.
- Broad and deep knowledge of service desk operations.
- eTOM/ ITIL v3 Service Operation certification.
- Language skills – fluent in English (verbal & written) and preferable 1 other European language.
- In depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure (e.g. Unix, DB, Oracle ExaData) and Video technical components (e.g. Linear Broadcasting, VoD, Streaming media, Video Headends).
- In depth knowledge of the Liberty Global Operations business processes plus a thorough understanding of products and technologies as used by Liberty Global group.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workloads as situations change.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decisive, logical and methodical.
- Analytical skills, continuous driving for improvement, results driven.
- Embracement of change and challenge.
- Ownership and action, customer focused.
- Teamwork and contribution, organizational sensitivity and being able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- 5 or more years of experience in a service desk role with comparable technical and soft skills.
- Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international matrix organization.
- People Skills – Experience working in international teams (direct & indirect) from different cultural backgrounds and experience in working with external resources.
- Cultural Awareness – Experience in working people from different cultural backgrounds ensuring clarity, collaboration and efficiency
- Travel – Possible frequent travel during the year on a need-basis
- Experience in managing several platforms/systems and ability to easily switch between them and keep the overview.
- Incident/Change Management & Escalation handling in the area of responsibility.
- Time to respond and time to fix incidents and trouble tickets, defined within the Service Level Agreement defined for a specific priority of service impact
- Successful triage behavior and accuracy, with correct assignments to other support teams – “first time right”
- Ticket quality and adherence to standards.
- Resilience – incident escalations must fall within set targets
- Successfully executed changes, with no customer service impact
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new knowledge of the specific environments supported.
- Consistent and productive work habits required for issue resolutions and root cause investigations.
- Team work and the ability to share knowledge and grow within the team.
Working Relationships and Team Working:
- The 1st Level Engineer will work directly with other first line support in the CSD.
- Must ensure that responses to queries/incidents are always detailed and courteous
- Internally with other departments, second and third line support teams, and problem and change management within CIO and CNO.
- Within Corporate to engineering/development teams
- To the LG Country organizations both the LFMD’s and the Local IT support and engineering teams
- External vendors
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Job details: 1st Level Operations Job Stage 02