To meet the demand of our growing patent licensing business, the IPR & Licensing is building for the future. In addition to securing freedom-of-action for Ericsson on the telecom market, substantial revenues are created through Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Ericsson currently has some 49,000 granted patents and more than 100 patent-licensing agreements in place.
You can be part of the team that is responsible for protecting the IPR of Ericsson's innovative technologies and products. IPR and Licensing offers interesting career opportunities in this very challenging and exciting area.
As a patent professional within the Patent Unit Kista, Radio Access Network, your main responsibilities will include the following:
- Identification and protection of patentable inventions. This will involve working in close cooperation with both inventors and research & standardization staff.
- Handling and decisions on patent applications and patents including, Drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications.
- Assessment of the nature and desired extent of patent protection in view of Ericsson’s business.
- Reviewing Ericsson technologies and services under all patent aspects.
- Providing advice on validity, relevance and scope of both Ericsson and third-party patents.
Ensuring that R&D, Commercial and Legal management functions are fully aware of the significance of patent matters in their own areas of responsibility.
- Managing patent portfolios of particular technologies or products.
- Investigating and supporting licensing and sales opportunities for Ericsson’s patents.
- Handling or supporting litigation.
- Continuously improve the ways of working with the above responsibilities.
- Preferably European Patent Attorney, but applicants who have started with the certification, or have working experience in the patent field, would be considered.
- Researchers in the 5G area
- Self-motivated and strong drive to accomplish tasks and become a world-class patent professional.
- Master or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field such as electronic engineering, applied physics, computer science, and ICT.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Very good language skills, written and spoken, in mother tongue.
- Very good written and spoken English
Trust – Innovation - Performance: These are the core values that define Ericsson reputation and guide us in our daily work and in the way we do business.
Hiring manager: Roger Bou Faical, Director Patent Unit RAN1
The position is based in Kista, Sweden.
For any enquires and for application, please contact the responsible Recruiter, Suma H Venkatagiri at email@example.com.
Last day to apply is the 9th of December 2019.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SharedServ
Req ID: 302889