Are you interested in developing your career as Patent Assistant/Paralegal in global organization with highly experienced patent professionals?
To meet the demand of our growing patent licensing business, the IPR & Licensing is building for the future. In addition to securing freedom-of-action for Ericsson on the telecom market, substantial revenues are created through Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Ericsson currently has some 49,000 granted patents and more than 100 patent-licensing agreements in place.
You can be part of the team that is responsible for protecting the IPR of Ericsson's innovative technologies and products. IPR and Licensing offers interesting career opportunities in this very challenging and exciting area. This position is within the team called Kista PU-RAN1, which works closely with Ericsson Research on protecting Standard Essential Patents (SEPs). Also, the team is actively working with improving the ways of working and education program.
We are now looking for a Patent Assistant or Patent Paralegal to assist the Patent Professionals in Stockholm, Sweden, as a part of Ericsson’s successful and important IPR & Licensing organization. The work involves performing the administrative part of patent portfolio management, i.e. filing and prosecuting patent applications in accordance with our internal policies and patent law.
Any experience you may have working as a patent paralegal or in a similar position would be welcome. The work requires good language skills, particularly in English, which is Ericsson’s corporate language. You will collaborate with inventors, outside counsels/law firms, patent engineers/attorneys, patent assistants/paralegals, and other colleagues in the global IPR & Licensing organization. You will also be able, through in-service training, to develop your skills in the patent field. There will also be opportunities to be involved in project teams, for instance working with improving our ways of working.
- You are responsible for handling and processing documents with related term dates which are an integral part of the process of patenting products and methods.
- Filing patent applications and pursuing protection for the patent applications with the patent office.
- Prepare and review Patent Finance documents.
- The job requires a well-organized person with a keen eye on details, who is flexible and service-minded, and who works well in teams as well as under his/her own initiative.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate or equivalent experience within a patent practice area, administration or similar experience
- Experience: any relevant experience working as a paralegal or with similar qualified administrative work is meritorious
- Good English skills and Swedish language is an added advantage.
- Knowledge sharing & collaboration skills
- Good English skills
- Patent Process Knowledge
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
Location: Kista, Sweden
For any enquires and for application, please contact the responsible Recruiter, Suma H Venkatagiri at email@example.com.
Last day to apply is the 25th of November, 2019.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SharedServ
Req ID: 302888