Ericsson is driving 5G standardization and was the largest contributor to the standardization body in 3GPP during 2018. Ericsson is committed to rapidly applying these standards to our technology development. Ericsson is a technology leader in 5G. Pioneering customers select us as their 5G partner and we are first with commercial live networks in four continents. This includes multiple operators in both the US and South Korea, as well as in Switzerland, Australia and UAE. We have publicly announced commercial 5G deals with more than 20 named operator customers. In India, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for India’s largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers.
Head of CU OPERATIONS
We are looking for a Service Delivery Head to manage Network Rollout (NRO), who will be responsible for analyzing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technological opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions, proposals & ensuring Efficient execution & Acceptance i.e E2E involvement from Initial Engagements till Final Acceptance
In this role, you will drive the delivery effort to make their work more efficient through adequate delivery tools, processes, ways of working, measurements & KPIs, job roles, competence models. You will support, deployment programs and common structures. You will also identify and execute improvements within the service delivery organization.
Additionally, you will need to secure close partnership with SL BUILD/SDU/Sourcing etc for ensuring adequate resources availability for deployment as per contractual requirements
- Plan and provide resources, tools & drive automation for the customer projects in Network Roll Out areas with respect to Telecom installation/acceptance, network integration, documentation, quality audits, quantity surveys and vendor management based on CU forecasts.
- Develop and review methods, processes and support systems for continuous operational development, control and quality of work
- E2E Technical Lead for Integration of multi-vendor solutions spanning Radio Access Networks (2G/3G/4G), Microwave, Optical, Packet Transport & IPRAN / CEN domains.
- Review Multi-Vendor / Multi-Domain - Technical Solutions, Project Time plans, Budget, Scope for feasibility, interworking, risks & mitigations.
- Drive 100% compliance of “OHS” and COBE/Ethical Conduct in all NRO programs in CU Operations
- Lead C-Level customer presentations of services solutions deployment, modernization & service migrations. Active participation with Customers, to identify needs, requirements and expectations from E2E NRO perspective
- Strong team player capable to mentor diverse Integration teams during Planning, Deployment & Migration Phases of Large-Scale Network Rollout Projects.
- Ensure First time Right Methods to Deliver Project Milestones as per agreed timelines & secure quick customer acceptance.
- Vast experience in rolling out large scale 2G/3G/4G networks, swaps & complex migration services in a capability of Program Manager or Principal Architect
- Ability to drive & lead cutting edge areas including Cloud RAN, Massive MIMO, 5G, IOT, SDN etc.
- Create the right environment in order to have motivated employees, supportive stakeholders, Satisfied customer with timely completion of projects & with adequate amount of Profitability
- Maintain delivery models, frameworks, job roles, assessments, and deploy and implement Service Delivery Strategy
- Minimize costs over runs maintaining quality of services supplied by ASP/ Third party / sub contracted resources and ensure smooth and timely delivery of these services
- Keep updated about activities, to plan future resources w.r.t CU Service delivery forecast and to build up technical expertise for all new features introduced in the market.
- Prepare Implementation Schedules for all projects being executed, Co-ordinate and conduct site visits to supervise implementation activities and ascertain adherence to Ericsson quality standards.
- Monitor all Implementation activities and suggest corrective measures for timely execution of projects.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of documents for acceptance test and handover, as per customer requirements.
- Co-ordination between different divisions of the NRO (SL/SDU/Sourcing etc) for Field trials, Technical evaluation, Feasibility studies introduction of new products, etc.
- Co-ordinate with different departments within Operations for smooth execution of projects.
- Manage the human, material and financial resources to fulfil the established profitability of area.
- Technical evaluation, certification and management of staff and authorized services providers/sub-contractors
- Responsible with the respective sectional managers/team leaders for staffs training and development, performance appraisal and setting of personal objectives and goals
- Prepare and develop resource competencies and certifications to meet current/upcoming roll out needs
- Education: BE / BTech - ECE / IT / CS preferred with PMP or Prince 2 or ITITL
- Years of experience: 15 to 20 years
- Vast experience in leading complex Radio & Transport Network rollouts, swaps, or modernizations.
- Very good technical knowledge about Ericsson RAN and related products.
- Technical Lead / Project Management Experience in Leading Global Telco Projects
- Deep understanding in RAN Solutions with cross Domain understanding across all Network Layers & Technologies
- Good knowledge of the concept of Service Delivery, project implementation management and its overall objectives
- Good understanding of the financial impact and implications of implementation to Service delivery projects
- Adequate knowledge in application and adoption of tools & automation used for project implementation management
- Good knowledge of Ericsson's products, including switching, access and transmission systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of Ericsson’s ASP Solution
- Capability to stich cross-functional teams to deliver projects in complex ecosystem
- Strong 3rd Party Vendor Management & negotiation skills
- Capability to manage diverse workforce spread at various locations
- Human Competence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good technical, financial, management and social skills
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership
- Customer orientation
- Good people manager
- Result oriented
- Good negotiation skills
- Initiative and accurate
- Energetic & Accountable
- Innovative, creative & good inter personal skills
- Business ethics
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you design your future. You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
What’s more, you’ll experience the inclusiveness and warmth of a proudly global company that’s only ever been in it for the long-term. You’ll feel the enthusiasm of a totally international and truly tenacious team at your side for the moments of life that matter to you.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.