Ericsson is driving 5G standardization and was the largest contributor to the standardization body in 3GPP during 2018. Ericsson is committed to rapidly applying these standards to our technology development. Ericsson is a technology leader in 5G. Pioneering customers select us as their 5G partner and we are first with commercial live networks in four continents. This includes multiple operators in both the US and South Korea, as well as in Switzerland, Australia and UAE. We have publicly announced commercial 5G deals with more than 20 named operator customers. In India, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for India’s largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers
“Head of Strategic ASP Management India ”
Head of Strategic ASP Management MOAI SL BUILD
This document defines the main duties, mandatory /desirable criteria and qualifications of the holder of the position of Head -Strategic ASP Management India
The role of ASP Management Head - is a deployment role. The main purpose of the role is to drive ASP management activities relating to performance, capacity and financial control. The value adds of the role are to enhance profitability, reduce cost and improve delivery performance of ASP Vendors in India. The role will primarily require to develop efficient Framework along with CU ASP Managers & Sourcing counterparts across Indian Geography where in ASP Teams’ performance can be enhanced & measured to derive overall efficiency across all current/upcoming deployments .
The main duties of the Head ASP Management shall consist of:
- Good understanding of NRO Service Delivery ASP activities required to support customer networks in the areas of Network Roll Out with respect to Active Telecom installation/acceptance, network integration, documentation, quality audits(RSA), Site surveys, Fault Management, Test Equipment etc
- To support Sourcing on supply and demand requirements, scope of work development , pre-sales activities and ASP commercial negotiations.
- Produce biweekly reports/graphs showing ASP demand vs capacity for Operations & Sourcing stakeholders
- Build efficient Framework & drive adoption along with CU ASP Managers so that all Build deliveries are following Ericsson Quality process
- Periodic ASP Competence Assessment & upkeep
- Ensuring 100% sites are audited through RSA Across CU’s in India
- Framing of Clear WoW on ASP Reward & Penalty along with Sourcing to improve productivity & FTR(First Time Right)
- Weekly/biweekly operational review meetings (ORMs) with CU ASP Managers/Vendors ,Sourcing & other internal Ericsson stakeholders, capturing & closing actions/producing minutes
- Monthly/bimonthly business review meetings (MBRs) with CU ASP Managers & other internal Ericsson stakeholders, capturing & closing actions/producing minutes
- Production of SLA/KPI reports for ASP performance measuring, utilization w.r.t ASP crews working in NRO projects
- Should Help drive ASP Utilization & Performance Enhancement tools like MITT/IXT etc for Maximizing ASP teams productivity/Efficiency
- The Head of ASP Management manages a team of Technical Contract Leads, Vendor Controllers and OHS SME’s who are committed to increasing the quality, accountability, performance and compliance of Ericsson’s ASP’s, whilst driving a “best in class” culture relating to ASP efficiency and Occupational Health & Safety.
- The role will also provide strategic pre-sales support to CU’s and be accountable for post-contract budget adherence and operational escalations.
- The Head of ASP Management is responsible for the end to end operational management of Ericsson’s 3rd Party ASP’s (Approved Service Providers)
- The individual will be responsible for managing the performance, governance and spend of the Approved Service Provider (ASP)
- Establishing close coordination with Sourcing & CU ASP Managers for maximizing efficiency
- Experience of managing third party relationships in telecoms environment in a multi-vendor environment in India
- Experience of working with network operators and or service providers in India
- Experience of transitioning, change management
- Experience of planning & execution of projects using established project management methodologies
- To manage and govern the ASP’s in the NRO Services domain, ensuring operational performance is delivered in accordance with agreed SLA’s and within agreed budget
- To manage transition and transformation of the ASP, in the event of a change in ASP or a change in an existing ASP’s delivery model.
- Providing reports on ASP performance
- Distributing regional information to the correct internal functions or ASPs
- Holistic end to end strategy on ASP Spend in NRO
- Line Management responsibilities
- Very good knowledge about Ericsson RAN and related products.
- Good knowledge of the concept of Service Delivery, project implementation management and its overall objectives
- Good understanding of the financial impact and implications of implementation to Service delivery projects
- Adequate knowledge in application and adoption of tools & automation used for project implementation management
- Good knowledge and understanding of Ericsson’s ASP Solution
- Capability to stich cross-functional teams to deliver projects in complex ecosystem
- Strong 3rd Party Vendor Management & negotiation skills
- Capability to manage diverse workforce
- Degree in Business or Engineering/ICT
- Very strong demonstrable operational telecoms management experience
- Years of experience: 15 to 20 years
- Experience of Contractual negotiations and Procurement within a telecommunications business.
- Experience of Field Services and/or Network Roll-Out Services
- Experience in strategic management and handling of Subcontractors
- Budget management experience, including forecasting and control
- Familiar with OHS best practice and ways of working
- Ability to work in a demanding service environment
- Solid and proven negotiation and conflict management skills
- Performance orientated – be motivated and have the discipline and tenacity to deliver results. Express balance and authority – show courage and stability in taking decisions in difficult situations
- Consultative skills – build up professional, solid relationships with internal and external customers/suppliers
- Influencing skills – assert own ideas, alternatives and convinces others. Gain support and commitment from other team members. Works towards win / win situations
- Show proactive and courageous leadership
- Flexible and willing to take on new tasks and challenges
- Financial awareness
- People Leadership, senior capability in managing and driving change
- Thought leadership and commercial understanding in order to identify both short- and long-term business priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge in Risk, Quality, Financial Management
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in use of MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you design your future. You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
What’s more, you’ll experience the inclusiveness and warmth of a proudly global company that’s only ever been in it for the long-term. You’ll feel the enthusiasm of a totally international and truly tenacious team at your side for the moments of life that matter to you.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.