Ericsson is driving 5G standardization and was the largest contributor to the standardization body in 3GPP during 2018. Ericsson is committed to rapidly applying these standards to our technology development. Ericsson is a technology leader in 5G. Pioneering customers select us as their 5G partner and we are first with commercial live networks in four continents. This includes multiple operators in both the US and South Korea, as well as in Switzerland, Australia and UAE. We have publicly announced commercial 5G deals with more than 20 named operator customers. In India, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for India’s largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers.
HEAD FIELD INTEGRATION MANAGEMENT (FIM)-INDIA
Head of Service Line Build MOAI
We are looking for a Service Delivery Head to manage FIELD INTEGRATION MANAGEMENT (FIM), who will be responsible for analyzing and developing competence support methods for Integration of Radio Access Networks (2G/3G/4G/5G), Microwave, Optical, Packet Transport for Rollouts across Indian Operators.
The overall purpose of this role is to drive the process of securing and maintaining competence readiness in a timely and efficient manner tailored for FME’s.
- To promote that properly managed competence development is an important factor for successful product roll-out
- To secure that we fully understand the needs and how we in the most efficient way can fulfill identified needs and close competence gaps
- To secure that competence requirements and corresponding investments to secure competence are described and included in the business case for the designated product
- To initiate and utilize all applicable learning methods in a cost-effective way.
- To deploy competence readiness using available tools and processes for creating both informal (collaboration, re-use, expert contacts etc) and formal learning (class-room, online courses and curriculum).
- In this role, you will have to drive the delivery effort to make the Field deployment in CU’s in India more efficient through adequate trainings of FME’s, right delivery tools adoption, process adherence , adopting efficient ways of working, measuring the effectiveness of existing job roles / competence models and implementing New and improved WoW periodically. Additionally, you will secure close partnership within the Learning Services and Product Development Unit for product / technology trainings & competence development of Build resources in India
- The Head of FIELD INTEGRATION MANAGEMENT is E2E responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, evaluating and maintaining competence readiness of FME’s for Field Rollouts in India
- Secure that the competence development aspects are handled in a professional and commercially sound way for all products within assigned responsibility area
- Support CU in FME hiring and assessment as & when required
- Develop and review methods, processes and support systems for continuous operational development, control and quality of work
- Technical Lead for Integration of Radio Access Networks (2G/3G/4G/5G), Microwave, Optical, Packet Transport & IPRAN
- Review Multi-Vendor / Multi-Domain - Technical Solutions, Scope for feasibility, interworking, risks & mitigations.
- Support customer presentations of services solutions deployment, modernization & service migrations. Active participation with Customers, to identify needs, requirements and expectations.
- Strong team player capable to mentor diverse Integration teams in during Planning, Deployment & Migration Phases of Large-Scale Network Rollout Projects.
- Ensure First time Right Methods to Deliver Project Milestones as per agreed timelines secure customer acceptance.
- Vast experience in rolling out large scale 2G/3G/4G networks, swaps & complex migration services in a capability of Program Manager or Principal Architect
- Create the right environment in order to have motivated employee, customer satisfaction and timely completion of projects.
- Maintain delivery models, frameworks, job roles, assessments, and deploy and implement Service Delivery Strategy
- Keep updated about activities, to plan field integration competence w.r.t CU Service delivery forecast and to build up technical expertise for all new features introduced in the market.
- Technical evaluation, certification and management of staff and authorized services providers/sub-contractors
- Responsible with the respective sectional managers/team leaders for staffs training and development, performance appraisal and setting of personal objectives and goals
- Prepare and develop resource competencies and certifications to meet Existing/Upcoming Roll out requirement
- Education: BE / BTech - ECE / IT / CS preferred with PMP or Prince 2 or ITITL
- Years of experience: 15 to 20 years
- Domain Experience
- Vast experience in leading complex Radio & Transport Network rollouts, swaps, or modernizations.
- Very good technical knowledge about Ericsson RAN and related products.
- Technical Lead / Project Management Experience in Leading Global Telco Projects
- Deep understanding in RAN Solutions with cross Domain understanding across all Network Layers & Technologies
- Good knowledge of the concept of Service Delivery, project implementation management and its overall objectives
- Good understanding of the financial impact and implications of implementation to Service delivery projects
- Adequate knowledge in application and adoption of tools & automation used for project implementation management
- Good knowledge of Ericsson's products, including switching, access and transmission systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of Ericsson’s ASP Solution
- Capability to stich cross-functional teams to deliver projects in complex ecosystem
- Strong 3rd Party Vendor Management & negotiation skills
- Capability to manage big teams with diverse workforce spread across various locations
- Human Competence
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good technical, financial, management and social skills
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership
- Customer orientation
- Good people manager
- Result oriented
- Good negotiation skills
- Initiative and accurate
- Energetic & Accountable
- Innovative, creative & good inter personal skills
- Business ethics
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you design your future. You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
What’s more, you’ll experience the inclusiveness and warmth of a proudly global company that’s only ever been in it for the long-term. You’ll feel the enthusiasm of a totally international and truly tenacious team at your side for the moments of life that matter to you.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.