At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
The role is to develop and deliver into production JAVA applications, coding and unit testing for web systems and any related systems and technologies around J2EE landscape.
• To manage the Java applications landscape within the company domain.
• That includes:
- Interact with other teams in order to assess new opportunities and participate in requirements gathering
- Solution analyze and effort estimate for the requests
- Low-level design for the applications
- Development for the requests and bug fixing on the existing applications
- Provide work instructions and improvements to the processes
- Management and implementation of new automatic scripts and applications
- Verify and implement configuration changes at the request of the customer or when is needed for performance reasons
- Coordinate and work together with other teams such as 2nd line of support, 1st level support, Testing.
- Installation, tuning, and troubleshooting of complex software applications
• Good comprehension of Java 7/8
• Good comprehension of multi-threading, RESTfull services
• Knowledge of PHP and/or Python would represent a plus
• Nice to know SQL/Oracle and/or MongoDB databases
• Good English speaker and communication skills
• Knowledge of English spoken and written at a level sufficient to maintain relationships with colleagues and corporate organizations with which it is connected
• Pro-active person, with the necessary drive to create and maintain the Applications capability.
• Relevant degree or above in telecom, IT or electronic engineering.
• Flexible in changing work patterns and demands.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work within a global, remote workforce.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work under pressure
What we offer
• Competitive Salary Package
• Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
• You will benefit from a wide range of learning opportunities and knowledgeable colleagues
• You will have access to the latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
• You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work-life balance
• Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
• You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams