Ericsson is one of the leading information and communication technology (ICT) companies for service providers, with around 40% of global mobile traffic passing through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by developing breakthrough technology and services that are easy to use, implement and scale, making our customers successful in a connected world. For over 140 years, our ideas, technologies and people have changed the world: real turning points that have changed lives, industries and society as a whole.
About the internship:
Ericsson is supporting their customers on a journey to become digital operators, which means to make operational decisions widely automated and data centric. For this migration, we introduce cloud native Software running on distributed Private of Public Data Centers. You will participate on this exciting journey, joining our technical team meetings, as well as meeting the customer.
Your task will be working on specific topics to introduce the new architecture, like for example studying and presenting efficient networking solutions between different Kubernetes clusters or optimizing layers of the stack. This will be hands-on, working in local customer test labs or our offices and always fully embedded in our team.
What are you going to do?
- You will make yourself familiar with Ericsson’s solution architecture for Core
- You will learn about k8s container orchestration
- You would deploy and test the life cycle management of cloud native workloads
- As part of our technical team, you summarize and present your recommendations to our customer
What are we looking for?
- Proven, hands-on SW experience (any state-of-the-art language like Python, Java)
- Understanding about
- portable SW
- cloud native SW architecture
- life cycle management of SW solutions
- Virtualization stacks (VmWare, OpenStack)
- having worked with k8s and docker containers
- basic understanding on AI/ML
- You are a truly curious person, eager to learn and to share
- You like to interact with an international, diverse team
What do we offer:
A dynamic, open-minded environment in which you will explore the latest network and software technologies. In addition we offer:
- State-of-the art 5G network on campus
- Collaboration with different departments, other students, interaction with business customers and partners of Ericsson
- An interesting internship allowance
It is in our goal to be meaningful. With patents for life-enhancing technology, we have never had a greater chance of stimulating change. Yet we are nothing without our people. Help us design the world of the future and we help design your career. Are you in?
The location of this position is Maastricht. If you are interested in the internship please click on the “APPLY” button.
If you have any questions regarding the internship, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org; Recruiter Ericsson.