Ericsson’s customers depend on our consulting and learning organisation to support them in deciding technology strategy, justifying technology investment and securing return on investment through carefully planned transformation of their processes and people.
Within consulting, the Programmable Networks Practice plays a critical role envisioning the future, justifying business investment and planning and executing our customer’s transformation to a digital, agile network ready for 5G and beyond.
Our practice is now looking to recruit an intern who wants to embark on a consulting career at the forefront of mobile technology with an industry leader.
As a new member of our team, you will work in projects alongside other experienced consultants, helping them to:
- Capture client ambitions, needs, challenges and requirements
- Assess our mobile operator client’s systems, processes and technology readiness for new levels of automation and agility
- Provide findings and actionable recommendations that are helpful to the client
- Support the client justify the necessary investment to makes the changes we recommend
- Execute transformation and evolution plans
- Share and publish newly created knowledge across the company
While the above gives a realistic view of our typical client project activities, we are driven by our clients’ needs and is thus non-exhaustive.
To order to fit into our client-facing teams, you should be of an emerging professional calibre that makes you:
- Intelligent, brave and problem driven, increasingly capable of working with poorly defined problems, methodically creating structure from ambiguity
- Ready to represent and defend the customer’s position in internal discussions
- Able to both communicate and lead conversations while knowing when to listen and let the client talk
- Driven by professionalism and integrity that will become part of your own personal brand on which client trust will develop
- Able to work temporarily “on-site” at a client office anywhere in Europe, North Africa or Latin America.
Consulting is a face-to-face business and we often need to travel to wherever our clients need our help. However, some of our client projects can be near our offices and some projects require no travel at all – each project is different and your experience will vary.
- A numerate degree would be a common platform for consulting in a Telecoms Infrastructure vendor but other degree candidates who can demonstrate strong analytical, business and interpersonal skills will be considered
- Knowledge or telecoms networks, cloud computing automation, data analytics, business case modelling or agile ways of working would be an advantage
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 301656