We are now looking for a Support Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customers. In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve problems to stabilize and optimize customer networks. You will configure and integrate different nodes and solutions in new and live customer networks.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Be the first point of contact from customer to understand customer problem related to network / Product or Solution supplied by Ericsson and suggest solution required.
- Support Engineer need to possess strong attitude of customer satisfaction and develop cordial relationship with customer
- Customer support engineer possess Good level of technical competence and are Ericsson flag bearer in front of customer.
- The Support Engineer works to provide solutions to problems that have been reported by customers according to established processes and contracted Service Level Agreements.
- Support Engineer is responsible for the implementation of preventive actions and reporting results of implementation.
- Support Engineer is required to handle and use tools required to do the Job efficiently for all product/Domains and or Solutions.
(Product/Domain and /Or Solution Here Means – Cloud, Billing Sub System, Operations Subs system, Packet Core, LTE ,5G and or any product/solution sold and supported by Ericsson.)
- Support Engineers are Bachelor of Computer Science and Engineering Degree Holders with strong trouble shooting Skills, Logical and Analytical Skills.
- Theoretical Exposure to Cloud and virtual Networks. The support Engineer has product/domain, and/or solutions knowledge and/or Telecom networks knowledge as well as knowledge of technology evolution of product/domain.
- He or She should Possess Skills in C++, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, good Knowledge of Database architecture and database management software application.
- Any Theoretical or practical exposure to Telcom Wireless or Wired Network used for Voice and Or Data Communication