At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are looking for a strong technical engineer with a start-up mentality that will have a real contribution in a dynamic, autonomous, cross-functional team. Candidates will be expected to have strong technical knowledge. Some travel is required.
As a Senior Systems Engineer / DEVOPS you will design, code, test, maintain and document systems and services, including development activities like requirement analysis, design, integration, verification, configuration management, PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) support.
You will collaborate with other engineers, product owners or any other stakeholder to solve interesting and challenging problems.
Responsibilities / What you will do:
- Collaborate with high-performing teams and engineers throughout the company, to accomplish common goals.
- Find ways to spread knowledge across the organization (internal talks, write internal blog posts, etc.).
- Proactively look for and implement improvements.
- Design, code, test, maintain and document systems and services.
- Implement best practices for automating and handling of the infrastructure.
- Provide feedback to R&D.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing.
Requirements / What you need to know:
- Deep knowledge of Linux and all layers of the networking stack (Ubuntu distribution is used in the project);
- Linux clustering, HA Proxy, Corosync;
- WildFly application server;
- Ansible, Docker;
- Python programming at a medium level, with MySQL database;
- Passion for technology, learning, and solving problems.
- Love working in an environment where you constantly experiment, innovate and iterate quickly
- Experience working in a collaborative environment using agile methodology.
- Problem Solving Ability.
- Creative Thinking.
- Lean & Agile Knowledge and Skills.
- Fluent English.
- Experience developing business rules (e.g.: JBoss Drools)
- Experience in real-time, streaming processing technologies (Kafka, Spark, Zookeeper etc.)
- Experience in Scala or strong willingness to learn
- Understanding of test-driven development
- Ability and willingness to quickly adopt new technologies and/or business domains
- Experience in data model design
What we offer
- Competitive Salary Package
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning opportunities and knowledgeable colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams