Creating the future world
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
We are now looking for an Ericsson Orchestration Senior Developer.
The Ericsson Orchestrator (EO) product enables the automation of hybrid telco and enterprise infrastructure including PNFs and VNFs (physical and virtual network functions). It supports Resource Orchestration, VNF Life Cycle Management and end-to-end Service Orchestration. EO consists of two main modules: Cloud Manager (CM) and Service Orchestrator (SO). Cloud Manager is a cloud management system that handles the life cycle management of virtual applications. It also enables the creation, orchestration, activation, and monitoring of services running on virtualized IT and programmable network resources at consistent levels of quality. CM also provides a secure GUI that enables users to create, manage and monitor their virtual resources.
The Ericsson Orchestration Program is multi-national, having development teams contributing mainly from Ireland, Hungary, Ukraine and Sweden.
Now we are adding two new development teams and are looking for senior Java developers to work for the EO Program.
The candidate must be a motivated life-time learner, a senior (6+ years) software developer with broad experience in the design, development, testing and test automation of features of a large-scale enterprise application. The ideal candidate is a full stack developer, familiar with both backend and frontend (UI) design concepts and technologies as well as containerization and microservices. The ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, agile development environment in support of short iterative cycles is a must. Flexibility in understanding changing business priorities is also key for this position.
What you will do
As a development team member, your task will be the design, refinement, planning, development, integration, testing, test automation and coordination of the assigned Ericsson Orchestration product or platform features in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, agile development environment, on an evolving platform, targeting a fully containerized service offering based on microservices architecture.
Apply if you have
- Proven skills in Object Oriented analysis, design and programming
- Solid knowledge of software design methodologies, libraries, frameworks, components, services, architectures and their re-use in solutions
- Experience in the development of complex features (product features, platform and framework extensions)
- Experience in building scalable, high-performance software that is also highly configurable
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Computing and virtualization technologies (e.g. OpenStack, NFV)
- Expert knowledge of container platforms (e.g. Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Expert knowledge of microservices-based SW architecture
- Understanding agile development frameworks and concepts, e.g. test-driven development, continuous integration, code coverage, code analysis etc.
- Expertise in refining, estimating and planning of software development tasks and complex SW features
- Expertise in testing, troubleshooting and bug fixing in a complex environment
- Effective interpersonal communication skills in a highly collaborative team environment
- Fluency in English language, both in writing and speech
- Self-directed work style
- Providing technical leadership and mentorship to less experienced team members
- Java, Java EE, EJB, Web Services, JMS
- Java EE Application Servers: JBoss, Oracle WebLogic
- Databases: JDBC/JTA, PL/SQL
- XML Technologies: XSD, XSLT, XPath, etc.
- UML, data modeling, schema modeling, SOA
- Web application test automation skills and tools knowledge (e.g. Selenium)
- Linux/x86 (RedHat preferable), Sun Solaris, HP-UX Itanium
- Container platforms (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Telecom/IT industry standards (e.g. ONAP, ETSI NFV, ETSI MANO, ONAP)
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (recreation room, bicycle storage, parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
For us at Ericsson it is important that we can bring the networked society to everyone, from metropolitans like New York to the country sides of India. For us, it is important to create possibilities for school children in isolated areas of Bhutan to use remote learning and to be able to enable remote health care for patients in rural Africa. Moving into 5G, we take connectivity, communication and the networked society to the next level. We feel a pride in making the world a better place, simplifying and enhancing the lives for billions.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 301042