As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
We are now looking for a Senior Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing design, tuning and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. You will be engaged in the whole process from network design and acceptance.
The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Report to the National Design Lead and Project Manager
- Support in delivery of SDBs and RF design process
- Point of Contact for all complex EME issues from internal/external stakeholders
- Work closely with SAED/ASP on EME mitigation strategy
- Regular engagement with customer on EME site issues and site resolution within timeframe and budget
- Lead and train team members Form A/B and PRD analysis
- Responsible for RFNSA, STAD, EME report compliance and audit checks
- Responsible for ACMA Compliance and audit checks
- Supporting National Design Lead on other ad-hoc project deliverables
- Education: Bachelor or Masters in Telecommunications (or equivalent)
- Minimum years of experience: 7+ years in telecommunication operator and/or vendor environment
- Strong technical understanding and experience in RF Planning, Design, Tuning and Optimization in WCDMA/LTE networks (any 5G experience highly regarded).
- Worked as a Technical Specialist/Subject Matter Expert capacity on Australian EME compliance requirements and ACMA regulations
- Excellent understanding on EME mitigation strategies
- Proven experience in engaging with customer on resolving complex EME site issues
- Experience and understanding of tools used to generate EME reports and PRDs
- Up to date knowledge of AMTA guidelines
- Strong understanding of interference management and strategies
- Understanding of propagation modelling and model tuning in PLANET or/and ATOLL
- Solid understanding of link budget and capacity planning
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence customers and key stakeholders
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.