Operational Product Manager (OPM) is the main Ericsson HW interface towards the Market area and towards Product Development Unit(PDU). A key role to maintain customers’ trust in the quality of Radio Base Station(RBS) Hardware(HW) product portfolio. A unique role to get a wide understanding of the product portfolio and quality performance in customer’s network and being a driver in cases with high business importance for the company.
You have a thorough R&D and technical background! You will work primarily within Radio area, therefore technical competence in Radio design or System is an advantage.
You are also good at communication and leadership since you will be working across organisations and PDU’s as well as Customer Unit(CU)’s.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Handle customer escalations & secure product task forces.
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is spread within the PDU.
- Responsible for communication strategy in escalated HW cases.
- Work with internal PDU functions to understand/categorize what is driving HW returns from the market and take proactive actions.
- Support PDU on customer meetings for HW quality topics and other initiatives.
- Drive customer engagement & deployment support activities.
- Prepare decisions and drive HW Field Corrections (Field change orders/Repair change orders/Service advice/Repair investigation requests).
- Control the budget for HW Field Correction issues and ongoing activities
- Drive and lead process work.
- Product Life Cycle Management Knowledge
- Product Development Knowledge
- Business Understanding
- Customer Understanding
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Relating & Networking
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Adapting & Responding to Change
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- BSc or MSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Good Chinese and English skills
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
- Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration Skills
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Chengdu || R&D
Req ID: 300511