Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
You will be reporting to the Infrastructure Team Leader within the Infrastructure Team in GSC Romania. You will develop strong relationships with colleagues in the Infrastructure team, other technical specialists and the operational support teams.
Within the Infrastructure Platforms Team, the Wintel Team is responsible for designing, delivering, maintaining and supporting cost-effective, reliable and well-designed Microsoft based solutions to meet both end-user computing and broadcast infrastructure requirements for EBMS globally. The technology landscape is a diverse and complex environment with a mix of both current and legacy platforms.
You will also:
• Be responsible for thorough and timely implementation
• Be responsible for ongoing management and 2nd Line Support of the Wintel platforms within RBM
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Strong knowledge of all aspects of an enterprise-level Microsoft environment. MCSE/P certification would be an advantage
• Strong infrastructure 3rd line BAU with some project experience and ability to resolve issues in a complex system and network infrastructures
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft AD, GPO, Windows Server operating systems and core infrastructure components (file servers, DFS, data migration)
• Experience supporting and administering Citrix Xenapp 6.5 environment
• Significant knowledge and experience with VMware environments (Hyper-V experience a distinct advantage)
• Significant demonstrable experience scripting in Powershell
• Ability to implement solutions from scratch and identify core server applications for migration and propose effective solutions
• A rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer.
• Troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of infrastructure-related problems.
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.