Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
We are now looking for a DevOps Software Engineer that will contribute to the creation and maintenance of our solution (Device Connection Platform) in the Applications landscape.
As DevOps you will be involved in all phases of the software development and maintenance lifecycle; working towards properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business requirements.
You will also:
• 3rd Level Support for Software components
• Development and configuration of software components
• Deployment acceptance and execution
• Continuously drive for efficiency, improvements and automation and excellence in service delivery
• Consultancy and expertise on the solution provided to other internal groups
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Web Servers, Application Servers and Middleware applications such as Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Switchyard, Oracle WEB Logic, JSON, Rest, Web Services, Soap, LDAP
• Hand zone in Deployment execution using container platform (eg: Openshift, Ansible, Docker)
• Billing Products (Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management Product is a plus) or Mediation Zone
• Oracle/SQL/Database programming
• Work experience gained in companies and projects in IT, telecommunications, industrial, etc. with an autonomous organization of IT operations
• Experience designing and / or testing of software applications
• Programming Experience with one or multiple of
• Databases Procedural Language: Oracle – PL/SQL
• Java programming language:
• Knowledge of English spoken and written at a level sufficient to maintain relationships with colleagues and corporate organizations with which it is connected
• Pro-active person, with the necessary drive to create and maintain the Applications capability.
• Relevant degree or above in telecom, IT or electronic engineering.
• Flexible in changing work patterns and demands.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work within a global, remote workforce.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.