Ericsson is world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Senior HW Integrator
Our group is responsible for hardware development of Indoor small cell radio equipment. We are developing state of the art, multi-standard radio (RF) and digital hardware for 5G, LTE, W-CDMA (UMTS) and GSM applications. Our indoor products are deployed by worldwide leading mobile operators.
We are currently seeking to fill a senior radio hardware design integration position within our Indoor Integration and Verification team.
The candidate will be responsible for the functional and performance validation of Hardware and Software components of new multi-standard small cell radio products. The candidate will optimize the performance of our integrated radio product to meet specified 3GPP industry standards and internal system requirements. The candidate will also prepare test environments and methods for radio product integration based on relevant wireless standard and internal documents. Furthermore, the candidate will analyze results in conjunction with Hardware, Software and Systems engineering teams to identify and root cause product issues.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Analyze new product design and performance requirements
- Define scope of integration and plan integration activities
- Prepare lab environment and test equipment, including both hardware and software components
- Define test coverage required for integration and describe how it will be performed
- Integrate radio unit HW and SW components
- Implement test and validation methods for optimal integration coverage
- Develop all necessary calibration and performance optimization procedures
- Define robustness and stress test required for new product
- Perform required validation and testing of radio product
- Analyze result and take appropriate action to drive necessary radio software updates, perform error detection or report error to relevant hardware or software design units
- Perform statistical analysis of measurement data to estimate expected parameter margins and yield
- Produce documentation as per radio design and integration processes
- Perform troubleshooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of processes and product quality
Must have Qualifications & Experience
- BSc level in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Microsoft Windows/Office skills
- Strong team, communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of radio communications and wireless systems technology
- Proven experience debugging radio hardware and software issues during product development
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years of experience in design and integration of radio development projects
- 5 years experience with Agilent VEE, C#, Python and Matlab
- Strong knowledge of RF test instruments (Keysight, R&S)
- Strong knowledge of 3G, 4G and 5G wireless technologies
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 299903