Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Operations Manager- IP & Connectivity: Noida
Ericsson has been at the forefront of communications technology for more than 140 years in the rapidly changing environment of telecommunications. We are the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As an “Operations Manager IP & Connectivity” we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
IP & Connectivity provides IP communication between the Remote Ericsson site’s and the global Ericsson IT environment over a Secured Network Infrastructure. The service handles multiple sub services like WAN, Network Security, IPAM, Network Access Control, LAN/Wi-Fi Solutions, Firewalls, Load balancers, DNS/DHCP, EOP, ECS Erica, etc. solutions
The ICT operations/Line Manager shall create and ensure Customer/Stakeholder value and satisfaction through an efficient ICT delivery for IP & Connectivity Services. He/She is overall accountable for leading and executing the work assigned for the unit through knowledge workers employed in the unit.
Key Responsibility areas:
- It is required that He/she Understands Strategic Vision of the organization and align Unit Goals and with Strategic Vision (Business Goals).
- He/she is responsible for overall service delivery managed directly or virtually from different line organization.
- Meet expected delivery requirements and timelines with respect to resources, tools, SLA.
- Visionary Leader who can plan for next 2 to 3 years and align as per various changes like technology, ways of working (e.g. Agile), efficiency and improved quality (Automation, AI).
- Self-motivated, able to influence others.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to convey key messages and customer value
- Strong ability to lead, inspire and motivate.
- Driving and embracing innovation and change with a collaborative mindset.
- Ability to work with the Team, identify the Automation Opportunities and drive.
- Strong financial and strategic thinking with an analytical, structured and result oriented approach.
- The applicant will require a background in Network Security and WAN technologies. Juniper qualifications are preferred but not essential.
- Experience in a similar role is essential, with 10+ years networking experience in a similar support role.
- Ideal candidate should have a good understanding of ITIL problem and change management practices, working to defined service level agreements.
- Able to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Managing and maintaining the network, as well as network performance monitoring
- Identifying, installing and maintaining upgrades to the network Troubleshooting and repair.
- Developing a backup/disaster recovery plan for a network emergency
- Training network staff to provide support to end users
- Write and implement the policies to govern an organization’s network environment and the systems that are connected to it.
- Find security gaps by performing routine audits of hardware and software entities on the network and closing those gaps.
- Apply operating system updates, patches and make configuration changes to tighten security.
- Manage, assign, and maintain the list of network addresses.
- Upgrade, manage, and maintain VPN concentrators, routers, and other Network equipment
Line Mgmt. Tasks
- Responsible for identifying and developing Competence plan for all resources. (CDP)
- Set and follow-up individual targets/Goals and get commitment.
- Conduct IPM discussions during IPM cycle.
- Provide “FAST” Feedback to all Direct reports.
- Manage On-boarding of individuals. (New Joiners)
- Manage Time reporting. (timesheets).
- Recognize and award individuals. (R&R)
- Encourage creativity / Innovation and promote the use of Automation (where ever Possible)
- Ensure Mandatory trainings are completed on time.
- Responsible for Conducting Regular Team meetings with all team members.
- Responsible for creating a balance with resources, cost and competence needs (Pyramids).
- Recruit required resources (ensuring diversity) per the Resource Utilization.
- Conduct succession Planning.
- Update Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS) for any modifications
Operations Mgmt. Tasks
- Ensure Roles and Responsibilities of all Knowledge workers are maintained
- Ensure Method of Procedure "MOP" are created, wherever required.
- Ensure "Zero Level Document "ZLD is created for all products used and reviewed/updated Periodically
- Ensure that ORR is in place for all Services/Sub Services
- Ensuring Retention of Logs as per Log Retention Policy
- Ensuring Configuration/SOX Compliance of all managed Assets.
- Ensure Execution of designated work (Incidents/Work Orders/Projects).
- Manage Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Balance Scorecard. (BSC) and work on Improvement areas
- Manage Business continuity of Service Operations.
- Ensure execution of Continuous improvements in service areas. (SIP)
- Manage Risks for operational unit and initiate mitigation actions. (Update Risk Register)
- Accountable for execution of any open Vulnerabilities in service areas. (Patch & Vulnerability)
- Ensure compliance to security Standards - ISMS ISR (Follow Directives/Instructions/ Guidelines)
Stakeholder Mgmt. Tasks:
- Capture and understand Stakeholders needs, Build, and maintain stakeholder’s relations.
- Manage Customer/ Stakeholder escalations.
- Responsible for holding regular Governance meetings with stakeholders.
- Act per the Ericsson Leadership Framework and promote the corporate values, ethics, and culture of the organization to ensure excellent performance
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Training and awareness of relevant OHS statutory requirements impacting Ericsson in the local market
- Technical and operative coordination of resources or project management and services management with medium complexity
- Support commercial roles in estimating time / cost for the customer offering
- Proven ability to manage costs and Efficiently knowledge of the IT market benchmark resource profile.
Education: MSc. or other academic degree (B.E/B.Tech) in Computer Science or Engineering
Minimum years of relevant experience: 10 + years of relevant work experience.
Reporting Manager: Head of Infrastructure Operations India.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.