Business Unit Networks is responsible for the company’s industry leading radio and transport products and solutions, which are the foundation for Ericsson’s market leadership, and we continue to invest for sustainable leadership within a highly competitive market.
Development Unit Networks is focused on securing technology and market leadership in 5G with the Ericsson Radio System (ERS). A part of ERS is the market leading transport portfolio covering Microwave, Optical Fronthaul systems and IP Routers developed by the Product Development Unit (PDU) Transport.
The IP Operating System (IPOS) is today used in Ericsson’s Router 6000 portfolio.
We are now looking for a director of SW engineering to manage engineering efforts for IPOS Routing software development of 60 persons. The right incumbent will be managing highly competent engineering teams and will be responsible for engineering deliverables. The position is based in the Ericsson engineering development Centre in India at Bangalore. The center has over 400 head count.
The right person for the job should be passionate, goal-oriented, collaborative and used to work in a cross-functional environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Set technical and strategic direction for Line managers
- Lead the execution & engineering efforts for delivering routing software features on mobile backhaul router product.
- Manage a small support functions team that handles regression testing and DevOps CI/CD.
- Acts as a mentor and trains management staff in people management.
- Ensuring product development & engineering execution – Ensuring delivery, timelines of deliverable, resource utilization, resource availability, high level reviews of the deliverables etc. Develops and manages operating budgets.
- Manage all aspects of cross-discipline product development teams.
- Cultivate & contribute in a productive, challenging, independent and fun working environment.
- Learn and replicate the Ericsson R&D corporate culture and processes.
- Manage the issue resolution process, including working with R6K colleagues for the best overall solution.
- Constantly seek ways to improve the overall productivity and quality of the product development team.
- Employee management including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions, onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving guidance to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors the technology industry to capitalize on opportunities to minimize competitive activity and advancement.
- Represent department as needed: including project teams, task forces, audits, business or technical meetings with internal or external groups.
- Participate in continuous self-education in Engineering field (i.e., methodologies, tools) to keep abreast of industry direction and standards
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters. Influences policy making.
- Responsible for upholding Ericsson’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills & Abilities required:
- A proven track record of delivering carrier-class, large scale embedded networking software products on time, on budget and with quality.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in software product development, out of which minimum 5+ years in a leadership position, leading senior folks.
- Must have experience managing teams comprising of 50+ employees
- Experience with all phases of agile software lifecycle management
- Prior experience within IP networking or routing software delivery products or companies is a must.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new processes, ideas, and concepts.
- Ability to delegate.
- Knowledge and expertise in software engineering methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams, including senior managers
- Ability to inspire others
- Experience developing and managing department budget(s).
Education / Certifications:
BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical fields.
Contact person: Erik Carlsson, Head of PDU Transport, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || R&D
Req ID: 299735