Location: Ottawa, ON
As a SW Developer in Analytics, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant Analytics capabilities. You will apply machine learning and analytics principles to massive data sets, to unearth crucial insights and patterns that add value to our customers.
- Contribute to overall direction within our world-leading development team
- Help your team size, plan, and execute development tasks
- Design, implement, and test new analytics features and capabilities
- Measure and analyze solutions performance and scalability to assist with systems engineering and application deployments
- Research new software development tools and technologies and guide development by identifying and implementing approved new software tools and/or technologies in compliance with industry best practices
- A university degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- At least 5-8 years of software development experience with emphasis on architecture and API development
- A good understanding of software development lifecycle
- Capability to understand and propose solutions to new and complex problems
- A good understanding of machine learning techniques, as applied to huge data sets
- Experience designing distributed architectures and working with technologies as Java, Clojure, Python, Scala, Apache Spark, Apache Casandra, Machine Learning, time series analysis, test automation frameworks
- Proven ability to analyze business requirements and map them to technical specifications
- Proven ability to deliver complex software solutions, on-time and on-quality
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset: big data visualization, performance and scalability, OSS Software design and implementation
- Prior experience in the Telecom network management space is highly desired
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging everyday. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Our business strategy is our plan, our blueprint and the clear pathway for us to deliver on our mission- to enable the full value of connectivity. We will win by creating technology that is so intuitive, flexible yet robust and reliable that it enables game-changing ideas to be adopted at speed and scale.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 299625