2nd level ict engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
B.1. General objectives of the position:
The purpose of this role is the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
• Follow defined procedures to resolve problems in accordance with defined SLA.
• Adhere to policies, procedures and standards.
• Monitor production, outputs, and services to ensure that SLAs and other quality metrics are being met.
• Support one or more systems or applications of low to medium complexity (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
• Install, configure and maintain approved system components and web applications
• Implement predetermined software changes to rectify issues.
• Collect and maintain tracking and configuration documentation and plans.
• Work with project teams to understand business needs.
• Provide feedback and recommendations on requirements based on health check results.
• Ensure processes and requirements are met such as backup and maintenance availability.
• Communicate events to stakeholders, IT teams, and leadership.
• Perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes.
• Test and execute backup and disaster recovery for infrastructure solutions.
• Manage user access to
• systems or applications.
• Administer the set-up of new profiles, creates and updates access permissions and maintains user accounts for enterprise systems.
• Support the Change Management process by controlling final execution of all Planned Works for all network and services to minimize service disruption.
• Get involved, participate and drive major IT incidents when needed, work closely with IT Escalation Manager
B.3. Job requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience deploying
and/or administrating infrastructure solutions
• Relevant certification is preferred.
• ITIL Process working knowledge (Incident, Change, Problem processes)
• Experience working with ticketing systems
• Experience administering/configuring Web applications
• Linux/Unix, SQL (Oracle), networking experience
• Experience handling Critical incident investigation
• Understanding complex IT infrastructures
• Requires strong knowledge and
• experience with multiple infrastructure solutions
• Analytical Thinking
• Problem Solving
Contact person: Luchiana Beznoiu
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 299148