As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager, based in Sydney, to lead SAED delivery for a leading Australian Telecommunications Company in the rollout of new 5G technologies around the country.
The National SAED Manager will be responsible for delivery end-to-end, report into the Project Director, and lead team of SAED professionals and Ericsson Approved Service Providers.
The role will include customer facing engagements and reporting weekly on progress of delivery, and address risk and opportunity in a collaborative way, both internally or externally.
In this role you will:
- Manage SAED acceptance targets with a quality and first-time-right approach
- Manage delivery schedule including baseline, forecast and actual dates
- Manage a team of 6-8 engaged Ericsson staff
- Manage end-to-end delivery process, governance, and relationships
- Manage budget, tracking cost versus progress
- Manage project communication and reporting of progress and issues
- Manage stakeholder relationships, fostering positive work environment
- Manage project risk and opportunities – operational and commercial
- Drive add-on sale opportunities towards customer and Ericsson
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Sound understanding of Ericsson Core Values (Professionalism, Perseverance and Respect)
- Strong SAED competence and experience in delivery management
- Excellent Communications & Negotiation Skills - – ability and strength to negotiate and influence outcomes
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
- Strong ability to lead and align teams
- Strong Business Development skills – ability to develop new business opportunities
- Standard bearer for the project with strong work ethic
- Local Telecommunications industry knowledge
**Only candidates with existing Australian Work Rights will be considered**
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.