Would you like to work with helping our customer build out and expand their network to improve their end-user’s app experience for one of our Emerging Business customers? We are looking for an inspiring candidate to lead our Customer Support team within Managed Services North America. The Delivery Manager will be responsible and accountable for the full service and support delivery of the customer’s Managed Services contract.
As the Delivery Manager, you will be within the Market Area North America, Managed Services, Centralized Delivery organization and support delivery, compliance, customer relationship management and pre-sales sales opportunities. You will lead the team that provide service and support in 185+ countries to our customer’s team and their customers, the Internet Service Providers (ISP) for the 36m service duration of each site.
The role is a key position, reporting to the Head Centralized Delivery, and leads the service and support contractual execution by providing leadership and vision to the North America Managed Services organization, improves customer and employee trust in Ericsson’s brand by recognizing that professional delivery execution transforms into an enhanced customer experience, resulting in more business. The position inspires the organization to create new business enabling solutions, provide leadership and decision making in stressful situations, challenges how things are done to create trust and create business value.
The Delivery Manager also works very closely with the Managed Services Chief Operating Officer (MS COO) responsible for the customer’s business with Ericsson and is a member of the Managed Services Customer Leadership Team (MSCLT). In this role, you will ensure customer value and delight, by managing an efficient service & support delivery.
- Accountable for all of contract delivery service & support activities with the customer globally
- Interface with MS COO to ensure the support organization is aligned with customer requirements and represent support in the managed services customer leadership team (MSCLT)
- Lead and manage a matrixed global support team for efficient customer delivery in 185+ countries, with 1200+ different customers’ customers at 1600+ locations and servicing an installed base in excess of 3500+ compute instances.
- Secure that all customer contractual SLAs are delivered to expected level and that internal efficiency PIs are adhered to and ability to explain deviations (RCAs) to customer and internal stakeholders
- Lead all execution of global break fix, white glove installation service, smart-hands onsite support, data eradication and HW decommissioning/refreshes.
- Design and run an efficient service desk 24x7 1st line support that maximizes call quality and customer experience leveraging a “follow-the-sun” model
- Manage team that provides 2nd line break fix support by trouble shooting and working with customer’s operations team and directly with their end-customers; the Internet Service Providers (ISP).
- Responsible to optimize and shorten break fix ticket resolution lead-times based on business situation with analysis of competitor and financial impacts
- Drive HW OEM repair requirements towards OEM vendors and secure fast and efficient spare-part replacements
- Drive improvements activities to improve customer experience and perform OEM contract improvements through our Sourcing organization if required
- Evaluate and drive tool optimizations together with team to suit contract/customer requirements
- Coordinate in a professional manner and using efficient preferred communication methods with each ISP for site reediness prior to service deployment, all installation activities/support, potential site visits for HW-repair, decommissioning and recycling management etc.
- Secure local field operations teams are deployed to conduct installation and smart hands on-site support by request of the customer
- Coordinate all data eradication/media destruction and HW decommissioning for all active installation sites in 185+ countries following local law/regulatory requirements for e-waste and sustainability.
- Secure that a customer relationship tool is in place to govern the 1200+ different customers and that contract matrix is always up to date and maintained with how to optimize customer delight in mind.
- Ensure appropriate Asset Management of the HW included within the 3500+ caching instances by having the correct tools and ways of working implemented to always know where every SKU is located.
- Coordinate site visits and entry passes with ISPs and customer’s operations team etc.
- Secure that automation and AI/MI are present in everything we do
- Drive prioritized improvement initiatives in key strategic and operational areas.
- Monitor corrective & preventive actions identified, communicated & followed through with the relevant owner(s) and customer
- Carry out and/or oversee that incidents are managed & investigated in a fair & unbiased manner
- Identify and address strategic, tactical and operational risk throughout Ericsson business processes.
- Drive performance and competence management among team members, even though many are in a matrixed organization
- Represent and present Service & Support’s operational current status to the customer weekly and SLA performance on a monthly basis. Prepare input to QBR’s.
- Responsible for driving and supporting services add-on sales
- Responsible for day-to-day delivery execution and delivery performance
- Responsible for financial forecast and budget fulfillment
- Responsible for adherence to Managed Services Centralized Delivery ways of working, processes, and tools
- Responsible for implementing service delivery quality strategy and culture
- Responsible for adherence to country/local policies (ex. security, trade, travel, OHS)
- Based in Santa Clara, CA required and working 2-3d/week at customer’s site in Bay Area, CA
- US Citizenship required
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferably of 5-7 years of experience in a technical capacity
- Experience with global customer contract delivery with service in multiple countries
- Previous experience in customer support is an advantage
- Ability to communicate in a clear and crisp way to the customer and internal stakeholders
- Strong leadership and change management skills, influencing and leading by example.
- Self-motivated and works well under pressure.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience managing team financials including utilization, absorption and budget
- Customer oriented and business minded – has a consultative approach and focus on profitability.
- Analytical with strong problem-solving capability and strategic thinking.
- Adhering to Ericsson’s principles and values
- International travel required up to 25-35% of time since the role is global
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Santa Clara || ServEng