We are looking for an Implementation Manager who will lead, coordinate and support technical topics, commercial commitments and solutions for a designated part of the rollout area. The Implementation manager will also plan and monitor service and material requirements needed to secure an efficient implementation of Site, Fiber Route etc. In this role, you will ensure work is executed within the project requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities
Coordination of all activities related to leased lines (including fiber based leased lines) or fiber (including the ones provided by TELENET) activities as part of the roll-out process. All side activities which could be faced while doing this activity should be included in this service.
Coordination of the services for those lines is part of the roll-out activities (for new sites) or Operational lump sum (for existing sites) and should therefore not be priced.
OBE Coordination of all activities related to leased lines activities as part of the roll-out process for the Mobile Backhaul project.
- Attend all site visits required on B-end and/or A-end site to ensure the works can be carried out including access with the LL/Fiber vendor
- Arrange Access
- Arrange Private Authorization (PA) with the site owner (line routing in private property)
- Private Authorization (PA) includes all activities needed to ensure the routing of the Leased Line (incl. Fibre) ducting and cabling between the entry point (as defined after a Site Survey with the Leased Line Provider) and the Transmission Cabinet (or any specific location where the Leased Line Provider’s equipment is installed) on the private domain. Important: any impact to the Site Lease Contract needs to be taken into account. Deliverable is a document signed by the Owner
- Agree on a joined site survey date with vendor
- Attend the site survey and provide in the site directory the site survey report in cooperation with the vendor. Site survey reports. Amendments to the pdf format can be made in redlining.
- Decide together on work to be done (electrical connections needed, internal cabling needed, place required for equipment and DDF/ODF – Digital/Optical Distribution Frame -)
- Request Transmission engineering to provide an updated rack face layout (RFL) based on the required place needed for the vendor and appropriate pictures of the rack
- Provide the vendor with the valid updated rack face layout
- Verification of documentation received from Transmission engineering to ensure any missing details/information to perform the job is pointed out in due time (i.e. a few days before the implementation time)
- Request and document codification number (reference number) of the leased line/fiber.
- Prepare site for Leased Line
- Adapt the site according to the specifications mentioned in the site survey (e.g., cable tray and/or cable ducts, copper cable, , power preparation for the leased line equipment
- Perform move of Transmission equipment in the rack to free-up space for the new LL provider devices where necessary
- Communicate the forecasted date when all works requested for the vendor will be completed
- Follow-up of the leased lines/fibres installation
- Agree on an installation date with the vendor
- Assist vendor installation
- Check if installation is done according to the acceptance criteria in respect of the provided design documentations. Trigger corrective actions if required.
- Update tracking tool with the MS dates (site survey, site survey report, operational acceptance…)
- End to End test and/or End to End Ethernet testing (limited to rented non-TELENET lines)
- Perform a continuity test and manage the trouble shouting with all involved parties (OTDR, QoS, throughput verification, fiber received signal level…)
- Perform Ethernet testing to ensure capacity is available and QoS settings are properly set in provider’s Network
- Provide reporting
- Decommission the old link in coordination with the vendor and clean old unused patching connections. In case only vendor is authorized to remove modem, the Supplier will follow up until completed.
- Assist the vendor to remove old unused HW
- Provide report including rack pictures before & after HW removal
- When requested by LL coordination, receipt of the deposit of the HW returned to the former vendor
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Belgium (BE) || || Brussels || IT; ServEng; SharedServ
Req ID: 297902