Ericsson is one of the leading ICT providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value and thus bring positive change.
Ericsson Finland employs close to 800 professionals, the majority of whom work in Kirkkonummi, 25 minutes away from the Helsinki city center. Our teams are very international with colleagues of over 40 different nationalities. Together with the Finnish network operators and 100 years of Finnish market experience, we are serving the data hungry nation with mobile technology enabling the benefits of digitalization across the sparsely populated country. Besides that, we focus on research and development especially in the areas of network security, IoT, cloud and 5G setting Ericsson amongst the 10 largest product developers in Finland.
BDGS SA OSS SD NM Expert Unit is a strategic organization that is setup to support Market Area (MA) customer engagements & deliveries. The Services Expert Unit supports all 5 MA by delivering strategic competence to maximize customer value in selected engagements. Solution Area OSS Service Delivery is looking for Solution Architects to join its Network Management Expert Unit team based in Finland (or Ireland).
The Solution Architect interacts with the customers to define and provide technical, competence development solutions that enhance the customer's competitive position. The Solution Architect plans, designs and deliver solutions that improve the customers network management in terms of capacity, functionality, end-user-services, and competence built-up. The Solution Architect identifies add-on sales opportunities via a close cooperation with the customers in the delivery projects and promotes the use of global service assets in pre-sales and delivery engagements.
As a Solution Architect you will also work together with development units for new service offerings, service assets design, and product introduction. You will provide your expertise for customers globally both in pre-sales and delivery. You will be a key person for knowledge sharing and you will use your expertise to identify new or add-on sales, and service assets harvesting opportunities.
You are expected to work, cooperate, communicate and travel in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role of a Solution Architect more than often requires you to take initiative and leading role in pre-sales and delivery projects. You will preferably work remotely as part of virtual teams to be more efficient, but in many cases also travel world wide for customer activities.
Being part of the Services Expert Unit means you have and maintain high technical competence. You share your knowledge and make a key contribution in selected customer engagements. You maintain an excellent network that helps you to perform. Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Analyze complex customer requirements and propose technical and competence developments solutions in new areas and domains required to enhance customer's competitive position.
- Specify and design a technical and/or competence developing solution in co-operation with the customer. The solution often leads to further development and improvement of customers' organization and processes.
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the Customer Solution. Is able to work with and manage customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- Provide the specified customized solutions, covering several domains and layers in the customer network. Products that are FOA are often included in the customer solution.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally to improve efficiency and quality. Also acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.
- Promote the re-use of global service assets to improve project lead-time, reduce pre-sales and delivery project costs, and add value to our customers.
- Participate as subject matter expert in the area (solutions) so that technical aspects related to it are taken into account.
- Drives add on sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
- Identify product serviceability improvements and service offering improvements as part of customer engagements.
- Manage teams of less experienced Solution Architect or Integration Engineers in Customer Projects to ensure that they are delivered according to expectations and plans.
- Follow up the delivered products and solutions on an agreed regular basis with the customer to keep informed about the life cycle evolvement of the implemented customer solution.
- In a context of rapid technical development and evolution you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Candidate should have strong experience working in Solution Architect role on SI projects within OSS area and should be able to work with high motivation to contribute to Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Business Generation process.
Willingness to travel in order to fulfill competence, business and customer's requirements.
- University degree in ICT/Engineering (Bachelor or above)
- Strong cultural awareness and excellent language skills to enable communication throughout the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, social & communication skills
- Consultative approach
- High willingness and ability to share knowledge and experience
- Problem solving and performance oriented
- Entrepreneurial and result driven; makes sure set targets are met
- Excellent oral/written English. Fluency in more languages is highly valued
- Strong technical competence in Ericsson Network Manager (ENM) and Self-Organizing Networks Optimization Manager (SON-OM)
- Strong knowledge on Virtualization, Cloud and Container Systems, including Kubernetes, Openstack, Vmware, VIO, and Ericsson CEE and NFVI.
- Knowledge on HP Blade and Rack-mounted HW and Dell storage systems
- Knowledge on High Availability, Resilience and Backup Solutions
- Knowledge on User management Audit Logging and Security solutions
- Knowledge on Ansible and other CD and CT tools from Ericsson's Devops framework.
- Knowledge on Open Networking Automation Platform (ONAP)
- Knowledge on OSS-RC / SO-EM / IPTNMS
- Knowledge on the Ericsson Sales Process and tools
- Knowledge of EVA and Solutioning and Delivery Frameworks is valued
- Knowledge on Operators business process e.g. eTOM and TOGAF
- Knowledge on Radio, Core, IMS, and Transport technologies and their operation
- Knowledge in Operators network management processes and use cases related to 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G networks
- GIAP Experienced or Senior Solution Architect certification is highly valued
Location Finland (Jorvas) or Ireland (Athlone)
Apply now or the latest 18th November!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || ServEng
Req ID: 296662