Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications-equipment and -services to mobile- and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. We are on the road to 5G and will create the networked society and the internet of things (IOT), will you join us?
About the internship:
Ericsson is supporting their customers on a journey to become digital operators and lead the way to 5G, which means to make operational decisions widely automated and data centric. For this migration, we introduce cloud native Software running on distributed Private or Public Data Centers and the means to run it smoothly. You will participate on this exciting journey, joining our technical team meetings, as well as meeting the customer.
In this internship you will be part of a multicultural team interacting with people all around the world. You will get the opportunity to work in an Agile/ DevOps team developing and integrating new solutions for our customers. Currently the team is working on topics as cloud virtualization to support our operators to face their challenges. You will get a chance to work in a highly technical environment and learn about 5G and all applicable use cases like: Virtual Reality, Remote Driving & IoT.
Your project will be to deploy in a customer environment a DevOps pipeline with automated installation and upgrade of Ericsson Network Manager achieving continuous integration, testing, delivery and deployment. You will investigate current situation and advise an implement on the to be environment.
What you’ll be doing:
You will experience to be part of a global team developing and delivering solutions for our customers. You will get in touch with virtualization and new cloud technologies that support operators face their challenges.
- You will make yourself familiar with Ericsson’s solution architecture for OSS (Operational Support Systems) domain
- You will learn about network management and orchestration (k8s containers and virtualization)
- You would deploy, integrate, troubleshoot and test OSS solutions, especially in the field of Network Management
- As part of our technical team, you will understand and recommend the best solution to our customers
What are we looking for?
- Current study in HBO / WO in IT and/or Telecom
- Linux knowledge in any flavour
- Proven hands-on SW experience (languages like Python and/ or Java)
- High analytical skills
- Awareness about Agile/ DevOps (CI/CD)
- Understanding about
- cloud native SW architecture (possibly having worked with k8s and docker containers)
- life cycle management of SW solutions
- Virtualization stacks (VmWare, OpenStack)
- You are a truly curious person, eager to learn and to share
- You like to interact with an international, diverse team. Good English skills
What you’ll get in return?
You will be part of an international organization working with state-of-the-art technology in the field of IT/ telecommunications. You are going to work in a dynamic and open-minded environment building and integrating new solutions for our customers. You get in touch with virtualization and new cloud technologies that supports operators face their challenges. It is in our goal to be meaningful. With patents for life-enhancing technology, we have never had a greater chance of stimulating change. Yet we are nothing without our people. Help us design the world of the future and we help design your career. Are you in?