Being a student at Ericsson is special. We give you the knowledge to learn, challenging tasks to grow yourself, and the opportunity to work on projects that change the future of technology in telecommunication.
You’ll only get to start your career once. Let’s make it a good one.
Ericsson Hungary is looking for PDU CD – C++ Developer Intern.
Our team is part of the "Middleware IP and OS" (MIPOS) development center in the PDU Component Development (PDU CD). We are responsible for developing components to one of our product: Component Based Architecture (CBA) that is used mostly by other Ericsson applications. These components are: eVIP, Database Services (DBS; holding DBN and DAS), vDicos and C-Diameter. All components are written in C\C++.
Component Based Architecture (CBA): CBA is Ericsson's latest generation of strategic telecommunication platform.
- Secures the services which were provided by previous platforms (fast, reliable, scalable cluster architecture, fast data access and flexible load distribution)
- Based on standard APIs. (Often integrates "free and open source" software).
- More and more applications of Ericsson (CUDB, MTAS, CSCF, DSC, CCN...) are running on CBA platforms, both native and virtual / Cloud environments.
In Hungary, we are looking for developer interns for the following components:
- DBN (DataBase Newgeneration): A distributed, object-oriented NoSQL, database management component implemented in C ++ that provides the fastest, fault-tolerant data access for applications running on Linux clusters. DBN is developed in C++ under Linux using git and Jenkins, and is deployed on virtualized clusters.
- vDicos (DICOS virtual machine): Eco-system supporting development and runtime execution of telecom grade application business logic written in C++ targeting CBA based deployments (user applications: HSS, MTAS, CSCF, etc). It is the next generation evolution of the Ericsson Telecom Server Platform (TSP).
- C-Diameter: Standard implementation of Diameter signaling management system for CBA components and CBA based application. Written in C++ 11 in a platform-independent way to easily support CBA and ADP architecture
- We have already started to work with the implementation of the new generation of these components which will follow Ericsson’s microservice based cloud native architecture (ADP)
What will you do:
The above-mentioned components are being developed in Hungary, and we work together with Swedish colleagues on other components. Your task as a cross-functional member of our team will be to help maintaining and port the current CBA solution into a microservice-based architecture. Since we want to keep building an agile organization, our team members should be capable of writing code and test as well.
Apply if you are/have:
- ongoing BSc/MSc studies with at least one more year remaining at a Hungarian university
- srong programming and troubleshooting experience in C++ preferably on Linux
- experience in concurrent programming
- understanding of distributed systems
- experience with using virtualization technologies is an advantage (KVM, VirtualBox, VMware)
- flexible mindset and clear quality focus
- real team-player and open to learn
- feeling homey in agile way of working
- a clear customer focus
- good knowledge in English, both written and spoken
What we offer
- Professional training courses
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage)
- Right next to the BME and ELTE campus, in a brand new building
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 295682