Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
PDU Radio Products is a part of Development Unit Networks (DNEW) and has an overall responsibility for development of Radio products for all Radio Segments, like AAS, Macro, Indoor and High Frequency. The PDU has operations in Kista (KI), Gothenburg (LN), Beijing (BJ), Nanjing (NJ), Lund (LD), Ottawa (OT) and Chengdu (CH). PDU Radio Products consists of approximately 3000 R&D professionals and development partners, developing, supporting, and, maintaining Ericsson products.
Radio SW is one of the sectors in PDU Radio, where Kista (Stockholm) is our base but the world is our arena. Radio SW provides possibility to work with the latest technology within telecommunication development and offers a rich number of opportunities in an everyday learning, creative and challenging atmosphere. With an agile way of working we develop 5G, LTE, WCDMA, GSM Network solutions to operators all over the world.
We are now looking for a talented experienced developer to work in our build and delivery team.
As a Developer at Radio SW you will be responsible for build and delivery of our Radio SW products following Ericsson common processes for configuration management, continuous integration and continuous deliveries. With an increasing number of Radios being developed, as well as maintaining quality for all Radio as already delivered, it is if high importance to have the build, test and delivery functions well automated. Here we want your contribution to make this happen.
You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining our Radio SW build and delivery environment including needed SW CM tools. The position also requires that you work pro-actively with aligning our build and delivery environment and tools with the DURA functional framework requirements for our common CI-machinery. Since Radio SW is multi-standard, you will need to interact with both internal and external Radio SW parties trying to align many different requirements on our build and delivery environment.
You, as the successful candidate for the role will:
- Develop and maintain the automated build and delivery environment including frameworks and tools.
- Track build and delivery failure issues until finished.
- Work with Track Management in maintaining SW track and branch strategy.
- Take part in early project phases to secure a smooth adaptation needed in the automated build and delivery environment according to project requirements.
- Develop and communicate the SW CM strategy for Radio SW.
- Interact with both internal and external Radio SW parties to align requirements and share information about our build and delivery environment.
Key Qualifications and Core Competences:
- Very good experience in automation of build and delivery environments using Jenkins or similar scheduling utility for implementing and integrating continuous delivery pipelines.
- Experience of SW component build and deployment tools, such as GNU AutoTools and The Yocto Project including Poky and BitBake for embedded software on Linux distributions.
- Experience in using Unicies, with ability to program or script if needed in BASH, tsch, Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, C++.
- Experience working with Modular Software, Software resue and SW development in general, ability to compile and link libraries, understand advantages of Shared Libraries.
- Knowledge of Agile and Lean methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Good knowledge about Radio system.
- Radio SW/HW product development knowledge.
- Knowledge about the DURA functional framework including the CI-machinery.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
You have a minimum bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent and;
- a minimum of 1 years of working experience from automation of large build and delivery systems
- a minimum of 3 years of working with SW development
- a minimum of 1 years of working experience from working with Yocto or similar build and deployment tools.
- good English skills in spoken word and writing
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
- Experience in Product Life Cycle Management and about the Software Development Life cycle including version control tools like GIT, Gerrit and Clear Case. Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Communication Skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Planning & Organizing
- Writing & Reporting
- Following Instructions & Procedures
As a person you are:
- are a self-driven and energetic team player
- look forward to work in a Cross Functional Team with people from different disciplines and to also work outside your own discipline
- are willing to broaden your competence and get a deeper understanding of our products and our build and delivery environment.
- like challenges and want to challenge to constantly improve
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Location: Kista, Sweden
For any enquires and for application details, please contact the responsible Recruiter, Suma Haregoppa Venkatagiri at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that, you need to submit the application in English and we do not accept any applications via email. The last day to apply is before November 7th, 2019.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || IT
Job details: Developer Job Stage 06