Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson Hungary is now looking for a System Architect with a focus on Cloud solutions and Containerization.
About the unit:
We are in the phase of creating a service-minded organization capable of providing a world class development and test environment that is flow optimized, infusing a change that drives us to be able to simplify and reduce the vast variety of existing development and test environments including tools. Going towards, cloud concepts will be very important within our development and test environment due to the evolution/ virtualization of our Radio Network products and in order to support containerization test tools are moving to cloud solutions.
You are expected to actively contribute to the Cloud solutions and services with requirement handling and architectural design. You are expected to have a continuous dialogue with users and developers to understand requirements, to ensure that the right solution that solves right problem is being developed and to help the stakeholders see future needs and solutions. You must be analytical, structural and result oriented with excellent cooperative skills. You will be part of an international team.
- Actively contribute to the technical definition of the Development and Test environments architecture evolution roadmap with a focus on Cloud and container solutions
- Review proposed solutions and use cases against architectural principles and the roadmap. You will be actively involved in architecturally significant changes, e.g. in the introduction of new services
- Participate in Technical Analysis and Opportunity Analysis as part of the Architecture and i-RA (internal-Requirement Area) programs
- Take a technical leadership role and drive the stakeholder engagement, requirement handling and cooperation internally in the area of cloud solution
- Actively seek understanding of the problems of the users of Cloud Environments within the Development and Test environments in order to work with continuous improvements
- Identify and drive new use cases with a relevant business impact
- Evaluate technology choices
- MSc/BSc degree in the Information and Communication Technology area or relevant experience
- Good understanding and experience of software product development, including lean & agile practices
- Strong knowledge and experience of system architecture work
- Deep understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (desired related competence areas listed below)
- IAAS and/or PAAS offerings
- Containers, Container orchestration and microservices
- KAAS or Docker solutions
- Openstack and ONAP is a plus
- Knowledge of industry trends in the area
- Quality mindset, ability for strategic thinking and a drive to always improve
- Large degree of flexibility and willingness to take on different tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative approach
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile and laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
Location:1117 Budapest, Magyar Tudósok Körútja 11.
What you need to know about Recruitment at Ericsson?
As a first step within our selection process, you will be asked to fill out our technical tests based on your experience and preference to work in.
The candidates who best match the criteria for the position, will move on to the next step in the process – the interview.
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Hungary (HU) || || Budapest || R&D
Req ID: 294843