Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for a 1st Level Operations professional. This job role is responsible for the coordination, support, management, and execution of reactive maintenance activities to ensure that services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
- Monitor and resolve Jeopardy Alerts in a timely manner within defined SLA; assist engineers with any requirements to execute work.
- Carry Out initial ticket triage (First-In-Fix) regarding fault requests and provide analysis to ensure onward L2 escalation is accurate.
- Append all Tickets with concise, appropriate notes on activities taken to make work executable – Access Requests, Confirmation and Approval dates and times and references etc.
- First point of contact for all fault related issues, to ensure prompt escalation to the Customer/Management whenever deemed applicable.
- Provide an ‘Operationally Excellent’ service to both internal and external customers
- To work in a culture and way of working characterized by proactive attitude, teamwork focus, strong performance ethics, high professionalism, and high energy.
- Tools Used: - Customer provided authorized tools only.
- Provide Level 1 support for Event/Incident management activities.
- To prioritize faults to meet SLA/WLA.
- Qualifications: Degree within Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering/or equivalent
- Industry experience: Telecom
- Ability to decipher technical information on fault tickets and route tickets to L2 wherever applicable within defined KPI measures.
- Proven background in ICT where both fault ticket handling and fault ticket fix have been prevalent.
- Ability to influence, persuade and mobilize internal/external resources to fulfill customer requirements.
- Well organized and able to multi-task.
- Ability to provide clear and concise reports/feedback to peers and management, adapting the style of communication appropriately to the audience/receivers.
- Experience of direct exposure to customer, fault mitigation and escalation process to all operational levels.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.