3rd Line Wintel System Administrator
Red Bee Media is a global media business, which has more than 2000 employees based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, US, Spain and Australia.
We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere, through an innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry, working with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, NBC, ITV, C4, Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Russia and China among others.
An exciting opportunity to work within the Red Bee Infrastructure Operations Team, which holds responsibility for maintaining and supporting the global network, storage and compute platforms across all global sites, ensuring a world class service is delivered for our customers.
If you are looking to work in an environment that is diverse and complex with a mix of both current and legacy platforms, taking ownership for a number of services within the Microsoft estate, this opportunity could well be for you.
You will ensure best practice is adhered to, promote team working, ensure good communication and prioritise workload to help drive up and maintain stability of all systems, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
As party of this position you will be required to participate in an out-of-hour’s on-call support rota.
Experience & Knowledge
Successful applicants must have substantial experience in each of the following areas:
- knowledge of all aspects of an enterprise-level Microsoft environment (MCSE/P certification a distinct advantage) and you will be skilled in each of the technical areas.
- Strong infrastructure 3rd line support.
- Expert knowledge and skilled in supporting Microsoft AD, GPO, Windows Server and core infrastructure components (PKI, NPS, file/print/DFS, data migrations, RDS)
- Significant experience with MS server products: SCCM, SQL clusters, SharePoint
- Significant demonstrable experience and skilled in PowerShell scripting
- Experience with supporting VMware environments and skilled at troubleshooting
- Ability to identify core server applications for migration and propose effective solutions
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
- Experience/knowledge of the project lifecycle
- Some experience supporting and administering Citrix environments
- Experience with AWS
- Good understanding of IP Networking and Linux operating systems
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change-controlled environment
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || White City || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Job details: ICT Engineer