At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are now looking for a Second Level Operations Specialist that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
Main accountabilities - you will:
- Ensure help with Assurance support activities
- Ensure Incident Management
- Assist with Problem Management
- Ensure System Administration
You are/you have:
- SysAdmin experience: minimum 2 years exposure to IT systems at administration level (any of: clusters, storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Zabbix, Veritas Backup))
- Linux knowledge, using command line for data files manipulation, system parameters and processes checks, file transfers between servers, SNMP monitoring, scheduling tasks, change permissions, check ports and make detailed connectivity checks.
- Understands bash and Windows batch scripting used to automatize different system tasks, knows how to run scripts with various options. Ideally has very good experience with at least one programming language like Bash, Python, Perl.
- Strong understanding of virtualization, cloud concepts, cloud components and cloud management experience;
Nice to have:
- Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represents an advantage)
- Database very basic knowledge – basic query level ( any of Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access)
- Mobile telecommunication systems knowledge
- Knowledge of Network or Element Management Systems
- Administration or user experience with Performance Management Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading and export / visualization)
Personal Skills - you are/you have:
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Ability to interact with customers and internal stakeholders, and provide technical solutions.
- Ability to work under pressure related to scale of business impact;
- Ability to provide rapid root-cause analysis for various customer IP related issues.
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
- Presentation & Communication Skills;
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Work from home and flexible work schedule
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Tag: melahj, hj
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || ServEng; SharedServ
Req ID: 294023