We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Are you eager to work with the latest IT and telecom technologies and to deliver world-class telecommunication networks? We are now offering an opportunity to join our technical team of engineers. Our team has the responsibility of performing product pre-salee, project delivery and customer support in Romania and Moldova. Our delivery project activities are, for instance, to integrate new IT/Telecom products into customer network, upgrade existing nodes, expand existing nodes, configure existing nodes, and solve customer problems. Your day-to-day activities could include analysis, preparation, configuration, verification, troubleshooting and customer communication.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment, software and services for mobile network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile internet traffic passes through Ericsson networks. We are on the road to 5G and will create the networked society and the internet of things (IOT).
- Understand customer needs and prepare technical solutions, mainly in mobile internet and mobile voice areas
- Plan and execute product integration, configuration, upgrades, and expansions
- Prepare and execute system and acceptance tests
- Script to automate activities
- Support pre-sales activities, technical impact presentations
- Identify and drive improvements
- Keep both customer and internal stakeholders up-to-date of the progress
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Ongoing or nearly graduating M.Sc. / B.Sc. studies in a relevant field (Informatics, Computer science, Automation Engineering, Electronics and telecommunication)
- Passionate about technology and about delivering outstanding results to customer
- Customer focus and desire to understand business
- Quick learner, hands-on skills
One or more of the following skills are much appreciated:
- Knowledge of telecommunication networks, especially the core network products and 5G
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, cloud computing environments, virtualization, SDN, NFV, and containers
- Hands-on experience on telecom core network nodes and cloud solutions
- Linux experience
- Scripting skills (Bash Scripting preferable, Shell, Python etc.)
- Virtualization (VMware and RedHat)
- MYSQL, Oracle database knowledge/Administrator
- IP Networking/Virtual Machines internetworking
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience on test automation, test tools, and test management seen as advantage
- Experience on software development and deployment seen as advantage
- Team player with good communication skills
- Experience on customer-facing roles seen as advantage
- High self-leadership skills
- Ability to work in English language
What we offer:
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Work from home and flexible work schedule
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 293704