Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favorite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Technical Product Manager - API
Interested to make an intrapreneurial impact on Digital Transformation of Ericsson?
We are establishing an API (Application Programming Interface) Transformation and Execution unit for Ericsson Group. In Ericsson context, this unit will spearhead easy, secure, digitized connection to enterprise data to enable Digital Ericsson. For this new unit, we are looking for a Technical Product Manager. In this role and global capability, you will work with IT and business stakeholders as the accountable “Delivery Lead” for API development.
- Overall responsible for API Development / Delivery Execution within central API team
- Accountable for on-time delivery, estimate, budget vs. actuals for IT projects in-scope
- Ensure technical solution architecture of APIs are designed, following Ericsson approved API Architecture Patterns (Reference Architecture) and IT Security guidelines
- Define and implement API IT Development lifecycle strategy, methodology, templates
- Ericsson responsible for technical solution of API deliveries from central API Factory. Also, consult other API development factories in relation to Technical solution
- Ensure API development process are adhered to and necessary technical documents are prepared and approved as per IT development process description
- Drive IT partner / supplier team(s), who forms the core IT delivery team
- Collaborate with other IT groups, business stakeholders, and IT partner/supplier teams for technical requirements, solution design, staffing needs, road blockers and approvals
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Masters
- 10+ years of work experience within IT application development / IT Integration projects
- 5+ years of IT project delivery experience as Technical Lead or Architect or Technology Lead or Technical Project Manager
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in similar areas of API - API development, API Factory
- Experience with API Architecture, API Standards & Specifications, API lifecycle management tools (e.g. MuleSoft, Apigee, Broadcom), IT Security requirements
- Experience with IT integration technologies, platforms and approaches
- Hands on experience on both Waterfall and Agile Software development methodologies
- Familiarity with SAP ERP and SAP modules, functionalities would be advantageous
- Understanding of enterprise business process flows (e.g. Sales, Supply chain, Finance, HR)
- Experience in leading nearshore/offshore/onsite delivery teams
Who are we? | About SA Enterprise Systems
We are Solution Area Enterprise Systems (SA ES) within Ericsson Group IT. Within SA ES, we run IT like a business which means focusing on the value we deliver, on top of costs we generate. We make the step from consuming technology to actively identify, analyze and deliver new technology – but only that which creates value for our customers.
On top and beyond a very strong leadership and culture framework that Ericsson possesses, there are 6 themes which further define and differentiate us as a team: growth mindset (we believe in human potential beyond current performance), wild cards (we respect and nurture unconventional ideas), change tribes (we move from “I’m great” to “we’re great” and are excited to work with others for the benefit of the entire company), bridging the digital divide (we believe in that the digital divide must not be feared but actively managed) disagree & commit (disagree while a decision is being made, but once a decision has been made, everybody must commit to it) and collective leadership (a group of people working together towards a shared goal). We also live by the motto CUSTOMER FIRST, ERICSSON ALWAYS.
SA ES are accountable for IT for management and transformation of end-to-end business process covering Sales, Marketing, Supply, Sourcing Finance, HR, Resource Management, R&D etc. to deliver Digital Ericsson.
Hiring Manager: Rajib Saha
Location: Bangalore, India
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.